Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

I blame Bill Gates' Flight Simulator for my discontent!!

I was accepted to train as a pilot by British Airways when I was18 years old, but finally decided to go to University instead. I never regretted the decision - until, of course, I started flying on MS Flight Simulator. The folly of youth! The decision to 'ditch' BA bugs the #### out of me now of course, especially when I look up and see jets coming in (I live close to 3 major airports round London so that's quite often!!!). Could have been in line for piloting the A380s by now.......Anyone any supportive comments before I start booking sessions with my shrink?Martin :-)

hey, at least you didn't get laid off when the aviation industry collapsed a few years ago!

Well, we are talking quite a number of years back .... I've travelled round the world most of my life anyway, staying in a number of different countries for some years - only difference is I had to pay for my air tickets! No REAL regrets I suppose, just a wish I could have my cake and eat it somehow.M.