Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Soaring over the Napa Valley

Enjoying Carenado's 337 and MSE's California scenery, V2.  Hope you enjoy the screenshots!

John

2017-9-24_12-12-55-248.jpg
2017-9-24_12-13-17-634.jpg
2017-9-24_12-13-25-133.jpg
2017-9-24_12-14-55-264.jpg
2017-9-24_12-15-11-113.jpg
2017-9-24_12-15-31-206.jpg
2017-9-24_12-15-55-884.jpg
2017-9-24_12-16-10-320.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yeah..love this area of California Napa and Sonoma...my favorite is Cloverdale!

HLJAMES

Just now, HLJames said:

Yeah..love this area of California Napa and Sonoma...my favorite is Cloverdale!

HLJAMES

Thanks for your reply.  When I fly this route, such as today, I usually continue west to Jenner on the Sea, then south past Point Reyes to San Francisco.  Then I fly east towards Concord/Walnut Creek, then finally back to Napa.  I follow the route of my first GA flight back in 1979, which was a nighttime flight with two friends from high school.  The pilot was a student who got his license at age 16, he became quite a local celebrity.  Of course I had flown in commercial airliners quite a few times before that, but it was my first experience in a small aircraft, a Cessna 172.  I also flew a similar route later on in the 80's with another friend who was a pilot, that was a daytime flight.  We landed at Buchanan in Concord for a bite to eat before continuing back home to Napa Airport.

The Carenado 337 is one of my favorite aircraft for sightseeing, the pilot's POV is perfect for looking around, something the 337 was noted for.  LOL, I once tried a sim flight with the 337 and had a very long and slumbering takeoff roll.  Once in the air I noticed I had a terrible climb rate, lo and behold the back engine wasn't running for some reason.  Now I always check before I take off, which I should have on that flight....I just assumed....which means as a pilot, never assume!

CaptainMoonbeam of youtube fame has just posted a Citation flight into Napa.  He gives my former home good coverage with a walk around downtown Napa, it was a very nice video which I bookmarked.

John

Nice pics

i watch capt moonbeam too ha

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Flew the flight plan and love Jenner, Point Reyes and Walnut Creek areas....was surprised by the resources at Napa Municipal.

HLJAMES