STUART_H

MCE-PF3 with X-Plane11

Just wondered whether any work is in progress to update the X-Plane MCE to PF3 to allow FO to handle voice radio, as has been done with the FSX interface?  If so, what is the progress.

Cheers,

Stuart

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

14 hours ago, STUART_H said:

Just wondered whether any work is in progress to update the X-Plane MCE to PF3 to allow FO to handle voice radio, as has been done with the FSX interface?  If so, what is the progress.

Cheers,

Stuart

Yes, the PF3 interfacing bit should be on a par with the FSX/P3D implementation.

At least in Latest version

Just tried PF3 again with XP11 and I just can't seem to get it working.
Even though it seems to connect to X-Plane the Remote text window can't seem to connect. I guess it's only looking for FSX or P3D? In which case I can't see the required frequencies. Same applies to the PF3 display panel?

Do you have any experience of connecting PF3 with X-Plane 11 and perhaps could provide a how to sequence?

Thanks,

Stuart

54 minutes ago, STUART_H said:

Just tried PF3 again with XP11 and I just can't seem to get it working.
Even though it seems to connect to X-Plane the Remote text window can't seem to connect. I guess it's only looking for FSX or P3D? In which case I can't see the required frequencies. Same applies to the PF3 display panel?

Do you have any experience of connecting PF3 with X-Plane 11 and perhaps could provide a how to sequence?

Thanks,

Stuart

Where is PF3 installed to?

You mentioned "remote text". Are you implying PF3 is installed on a networked machine?

XPUIPC doesn't handle that.

PF3 must be on same machine as simulator and MCE.

Installed on H: drive with X-Plane 11 on E: drive.

You mentioned "remote text". Are you implying PF3 is installed on a networked machine?

No. "Remote Text" is a PF3 program to provide an alternative window similar to fsuipc that displays ATC text when 'Closed Captions' is set in PF3.

PF3, MCE and X-Plane 11 are installed on the same machine. MCE-XP is also on H: drive.

Stuart

12 hours ago, STUART_H said:

Installed on H: drive with X-Plane 11 on E: drive.

No. "Remote Text" is a PF3 program to provide an alternative window similar to fsuipc that displays ATC text when 'Closed Captions' is set in PF3.

PF3, MCE and X-Plane 11 are installed on the same machine. MCE-XP is also on H: drive.

Stuart

Here is a trouble free installation.

Install MCE for X-Plane to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew X-Plane\ (it won't affect the other product MCE for FSX/P3D) as they install to separate folders.

Simulator and PF3 can be installed anywhere.

Set "X-Plane.exe" and "Pf3.exe" to run as administrator.

Is the plugin PFEtoXPlane working OK with PF3, without MCE being involved?

Did it find the PF3 installation path automatically, or did you have to edit the "PFEtoXPlane.cfg" file?

Install MCE for X-Plane to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew X-Plane\ (it won't affect the other product MCE for FSX/P3D) as they install to separate folders.

Before uninstalling MCE and reinstalling, Why do I need to reinstall MCE-XP in the default directory as I have UAC turned off?

OK

Both are set at the moment.

Haven't tried PF3 on it's own. It does connect to XP11 so I guess so, apart from not displaying the frequency info when first connects.

Did it find the PF3 installation path automatically, or did you have to edit the "PFEtoXPlane.cfg" file?

Having looked at the cfg file, the PF3 path was not there so I have since manually added just to the folder name. Do I need to include the filename?

I just can't seem to get any reaction with voice at all and if I say to FO "Your Comms" he doesn't even respond, and there is no interaction with PF3 at all.

I like to have Close Captions on just to make sure I've correctly heard the ATC but this just doesn't seem to work. Do I need to have it turned off now with MCE?

Cheers,

Stuart

6 minutes ago, STUART_H said:

Before uninstalling MCE and reinstalling, Why do I need to reinstall MCE-XP in the default directory as I have UAC turned off?

OK

Both are set at the moment.

Haven't tried PF3 on it's own. It does connect to XP11 so I guess so, apart from not displaying the frequency info when first connects.

Having looked at the cfg file, the PF3 path was not there so I have since manually added just to the folder name. Do I need to include the filename?

I just can't seem to get any reaction with voice at all and if I say to FO "Your Comms" he doesn't even respond, and there is no interaction with PF3 at all.

I like to have Close Captions on just to make sure I've correctly heard the ATC but this just doesn't seem to work. Do I need to have it turned off now with MCE?

Cheers,

Stuart

Remove the path to PF3 from config file.

If the plugin doesn't complain about not being able to detect PF3 installation, you can assume it has it.

The plugin will detect and use PFE installation in this order.

Latest payware PF3 if you have it

Older payware PFE if you have it

PF3 Demo

Until ou get the plugin to work with your PF3 installation, forget about the voice interface.

Press tab key to display the "hints".

Do the listed hotkeys correspond to what you are seeing in PF3 settings.

Check you don't have more than one PF3/PFE installation, and possibly starting the wrong one. I mean not the one the plugin has detected.

Use hotkeys suggested in plugin document.

Just in case you missed that, the plugin may not be set to automatically start with X-Plane.

Click X-Plane menu Plugins->PFEtoXPlane->Enable.

If you always intend to use PF3 for each flight, you can set it to auto-start in PFEtoXPlane settings window.

Thanks for the above.

The PF3 program connected fine to XP11. Had some issues with keyboard mapping but other than that I think it should work on it's own.

Rather than MCE voice I thought I might try the Voxkey commands that I had previously set up for MCE. I renamed the Voxkey profile to XP11 and removed all others, but the FO didn't recognise my command. Is there a specific name that the Voxkey profile should have?

Still can't get MCE voice to work with PF3 though. Does Closed Caption need to be on for FO to interact? MCE FO wouldn't even acknowledge my "Your Comms" command.  Seems that the text display in PF3 won't work in X-Plane as it uses links with fsuipc.

Dave March commented:

I doubt either of those two utilities will work with XPlane because the display utility uses our own reserved memory area of FSUIPC and the remote text uses a specific memory address of FSUIPC that deals with messages

Is there anything specific that I would need to set in either PF3 or MCE-XP to get the voice interface to work?

If I can't get either Voxkey or MCE voice interface working, I resort to using RC4. Just wanted to give PF3 a try out.

Thanks again for your help.

Stuart

18 hours ago, STUART_H said:

Thanks for the above.

Rather than MCE voice I thought I might try the Voxkey commands that I had previously set up for MCE. I renamed the Voxkey profile to XP11 and removed all others, but the FO didn't recognise my command. Is there a specific name that the Voxkey profile should have?

Very likely because the profile you copied still says it's for FSX, hence speech commands not becoming available.

Open it in Notepad and update the profile info to look like this

[Profile]
Name=XP11
GameExe=X-plane.exe
CommandCount=XX

XX means count_the_number_of_commands_in_the_profile_and_write_it_here

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

Very likely because the profile you copied still says it's for FSX, hence speech commands not becoming available.

Open it in Notepad and update the profile info to look like this

[Profile]
Name=XP11
GameExe=X-plane.exe
CommandCount=XX

XX means count_the_number_of_commands_in_the_profile_and_write_it_here

I did create a new profile but by copying the previous one, so guess it did copy across the wrong parameters. I'll check the profile later.

Thanks,

Stuart