Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

[FSX] Ultimate Traffic 2 shows Queen with transparent forward fuselage

Hi folks, 

fyi only:

Ultimate Traffic 2 allows to replace their liveries by other liveries available in FSX. 

So, why not linking the PMDG liveries? 

However, the QOTSII liveries show the transparent forward fuselage as in the FSX select screen. 

8^(

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

ai liveries have to be specific to the ai models. You can’t use pmdg liveries for ai purposes. 

14 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

However, the QOTSII liveries show the transparent forward fuselage as in the FSX select screen. 

Don't use our models for AI. Very bad idea.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

10 hours ago, GHarrall said:

ai liveries have to be specific to the ai models. You can’t use pmdg liveries for ai purposes. 

Hi Glenn, 

as Kyle stated, it might not be good idea -- I assume alone due to performance issues -- but it works with the QOTSII exception, so one *can* use pmdg liveries for ai purposes. 

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

4 hours ago, 19AB67 said:

Hi Glenn, 

as Kyle stated, it might not be good idea -- I assume alone due to performance issues -- but it works with the QOTSII exception, so one *can* use pmdg liveries for ai purposes. 

My understanding was that you were trying to use a pmdg livery file on an ai model. That won’t work.

sure, you can use the pmdg model AND livery as ai but that would be a very bad idea. 

• Upvote 1

As said, UT2 allows to use non UT2 liveries for their AI aircraft. 

3 hours ago, GHarrall said:

That won’t work.

That does work. 

3 hours ago, GHarrall said:

you can use the pmdg model AND livery as ai but that would be a very bad idea. 

I feel like a kid. 

Why is a very bad idea? Enlighten me and we can discuss this like adults. Thank you. 

Andreas Berg

11 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

As said, UT2 allows to use non UT2 liveries for their AI aircraft. 

You're confusing the concept, here.

UT2 allows use of non-UT2 liveries for their AI aircraft, but the liveries must be for their AI aircraft.

In other words, you must get a livery that was specifically designed for their AI model - not ours.

13 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

That does work. 

It does, but not in the way you are assuming. It loads our aircraft in our livery, not UT2's aircraft in our livery.

13 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

I feel like a kid. 

Why is a very bad idea? Enlighten me and we can discuss this like adults. Thank you. 

He's clearly not addressing you as a child. I get that english might not be your first language, and I'd be happy to address this in (I'm assuming) German, but the tone is definitely not what you're assuming.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

6 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

He's clearly not addressing you as a child. I get that english might not be your first language, and I'd be happy to address this in (I'm assuming) German, but the tone is definitely not what you're assuming.

Ok, accepted, Kyle. 

Nevertheless I haven't learned anything about why 'it is bad idea' before your last eMail. 

5 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:
18 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

That does work. 

It does, but not in the way you are assuming.

I assume nothing. But, if I am not mistaken, the non-UT2 liveries show up as AI aircraft. 

6 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

you must get a livery that was specifically designed for their AI model - not ours.

What is the effect/restriction, if I don't use a livery that was specifically designed for their AI model? 

I assume that the flaps, gear, reversers don't move as in their AI models, 

and the simulation might crash because of this misalignment (and a waste of PC resources)?

(Nevertheless I haven't experienced crashes. )

Or is it a licence issue? 

Thanks in advance. 

Andreas Berg

25 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

Nevertheless I haven't learned anything about why 'it is bad idea' before your last eMail. 

Because it's not doing what you're assuming:

It's loading OUR model (not UT2's model), in OUR livery. AI models are designed to be less detailed with simpler liveries that don't take up hundreds of MBs and processor cycles. You're basically loading a ton of our models in the sim. Our model is extremely complex, and that extra detail takes up a lot of memory space and processor cycles to render. You're consuming a lot of system resources by doing what you're doing.

27 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

I assume nothing. But, if I am not mistaken, the non-UT2 liveries show up as AI aircraft. 

Again, you're not fully understanding what is going on here. Do not confuse non-UT2 liveries, and non-UT2 models. By attempting to use our livery, you are loading our livery on OUR aircraft...not UT2's.

28 minutes ago, 19AB67 said:

What is the effect/restriction, if I don't use a livery that was specifically designed for their AI model? 

I assume that the flaps, gear, reversers don't move as in their AI models, 

and the simulation might crash because of this misalignment (and a waste of PC resources)?

(Nevertheless I haven't experienced crashes. )

Or is it a licence issue? 

See above about how it will affect your computer.

It will likely crash because you're either loading too much into your addressable space (VAS issues), or by overloading your RAM (depending on how much RAM you have).

You're attempting to use our livery for an AI model, which isn't what the feature is meant to do. This isn't working, and is actually loading OUR model, with OUR livery.

I'll say this in a different way:

Our aircraft allow you to download liveries from places like the AVSIM file library, and you can install them such that a non-PMDG livery works on a PMDG model. The same function is available for UT2's models, but those liveries need to be made specifically for their models. You cannot apply our liveries to their models. Attempting to do so will load our model in its place.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you for your patience, Kyle. 

However, I was not assuming that the non-UT2 liveries are 'painted' on top of the simple(r) UT2 models. 

UT2 comes with a lot of liveries which are fine enough. 

If I replace some planes and at a given airport some don't show the (boring) default livery, the effect on my PC's performance is quite acceptable. 

The point is clear now. Thanks again. 

Andreas Berg