Sign in to follow this  
Denco

Imported taxiway problems

I'm currently trying the import taxiways option in P2A. I've improted the taxiways and gates from the default airport LIRF which has good taxiway coverage. The importing worked but now when I request a taxi I only get a simple reply from the ATC saying "Callsign" taxi to "runway" and that's it. I don't receive any taxiway instructions.

D0qpMn8.png

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this was for X-Plane 11.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Unfortunately, many of the airport scenery imports, especially in X-Plane, but also in P3D/FSX, do not have enough connected Taxi Points and Paths to allow calculation of routes.

It is highly recommended that you only import one airport at a time, backing up the P2ABaseData.mdf and P2ABaseData_log.ldf files before, and check the taxi routing using the Taxi Mnt screen or even by restarting P2A and requesting taxi instructions.  If it doesn't work, you can restore the backed up version.

Dave

• Upvote 1

I imported the EDDT airport scenery and it worked without issues. I reckon I should manually edit the LIRF airport.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Yes.  I would focus on making sure all the taxipaths have proper names based on an Airport diagram and also that there is a clear path to the end of each runway, with a Hold Short Taxi Point in the proper locations near each runway entrance.

Let us know how it goes.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Yes.  I would focus on making sure all the taxipaths have proper names based on an Airport diagram and also that there is a clear path to the end of each runway, with a Hold Short Taxi Point in the proper locations near each runway entrance.

Let us know how it goes.

I'll try to fiddle with this when I have some spare time. Thank you for the clarification Dave.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080