Sign in to follow this  
Captain Scott

Heading to Munich

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Amazing screenshot, your one screenshot is worth my sixteen!  Love the 337.  Right now I am flying the Xplane Baron over my Nevada/Arizona/Mexico Ortho4xp scenery.  Between Xplane and Prepare3d I am really enjoying what simming on a contemporary computer can offer.  You don't need top end hardware to run these sims at their fullest potential.  A 3.6 GHZ cpu and an Nvidia 1060 GTX are a good sweetspot to start with.  I did not have to tweak either sim much other than increasing the default settings and reducing texture size in P3d to 2048x2048.  Did not see a difference in the sim's detail probably due to my monitor resolution and 8x AA.  At a higher res than my monitor supports I am sure there is a difference for the hard core simmer.   The salesperson at Fry's electronics did not try to sell me more system than I needed.  When I looked at a more expensive system he shooed me away from that after he compared my specs to the sims required hardware in some book he had.  And thanks to Carenado/Alabeo, I did not have to pay for my FSX products again, other than the Mirage which I mistakenly purchased again.  Maybe he made more profit on my system, who knows.  When I was in the hospital my system remained on for four days, my landlord saw that I had left my computer on when I asked them to turn on the AC in my apartment, they were laughing.

Anyway, don't mean to hijack your wonderful post!  Good job!

John