Sign in to follow this  
d.tsakiris

PAO: Two Feature Requests

Hello,

firstly, many thanks for this great tool, couldn't manage without!

I was wondering if you could consider two features:

a) (De-)Activation of multiple sceneries at once. I would like to have only the relevant airfields activated, but for makerwy, all the sceneries have to be active. This function would make this possible more easily.

b) Context menu: It would be great if in the Windows Explorer one could right-click on a folder containing scenery and texture sub-folders, select "PAO: Add as scenery" and that would bring up the according mask, with the path already filled in.

Thanks!

Regards,

Dimitri

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Hello Dimitry,

a) the scenery "groups" in P4AO were implemented for this purpose

b) This is a rather complex request. The app (or rather the installer) would have to add a registry key to your system - do you really want that (=does everyone want that)? Then there is quite a bit of checking and error handling involved. Probably some 4-8 hours of effort in total.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

43 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Dimitry,

a) the scenery "groups" in P4AO were implemented for this purpose

b) This is a rather complex request. The app (or rather the installer) would have to add a registry key to your system - do you really want that (=does everyone want that)? Then there is quite a bit of checking and error handling involved. Probably some 4-8 hours of effort in total.

Best regards

a) I know about that function. I would have to put all sceneries in a group (where marking multiple entries would come in really handy) to activate all of them before using makerwys, then deactivate all afterwards and them only activate the two or three I will be using for the next flight. I will try that!

b) Just a suggestion that came to mind while defining tens of sceneries (and I'm still not finished). The entries in the context menu could be optional - but I'd definitely use them.

Anyway, thanks for considering!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else