NickFlightX

Reinstalling question

Recommended Posts

With the release of P3D v4.1, it looks like ill be doing a full reinstall at some point to take advantage of all the features. My question is, when I uninstall my PMDG stuff and the sim, and then reinstall it all, do i have to unregister the product first? Or can i skip that and just reinstall and will it be activated?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 minutes ago, NickFlightX said:

With the release of P3D v4.1, it looks like ill be doing a full reinstall at some point to take advantage of all the features. My question is, when I uninstall my PMDG stuff and the sim, and then reinstall it all, do i have to unregister the product first? Or can i skip that and just reinstall and will it be activated?

Leave the activation out of it. As is noted in the Intro Manual, the only times to return a license are as follows:

  1. Reinstalling your entire OS,
  2. Changing hardware (HDD, mobo, etc), or
  3. Changing computers
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 1:59 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Leave the activation out of it. As is noted in the Intro Manual, the only times to return a license are as follows:

  1. Reinstalling your entire OS,
  2. Changing hardware (HDD, mobo, etc), or
  3. Changing computers

Last month I lost my whole system due to a catastrophic W10 problem that led the computer shop to wipe the HD and reinstall windows. I lost every file (have Acronis now and that will never occur). I did save my license files to the cloud a while ago so still have them saved to Google Drive. What is the procedure to reinstall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Last month I lost my whole system due to a catastrophic W10 problem that led the computer shop to wipe the HD and reinstall windows. I lost every file (have Acronis now and that will never occur). I did save my license files to the cloud a while ago so still have them saved to Google Drive. What is the procedure to reinstall?

Just install as if you'd never had it on your system.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now