Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

Extreme Prototypes' Lear 25 and GNS 530v2

Hi-in the below post simmer KDFW laid out how to get the 530 GNSv2 and Roland's weather gauge into the Lear 25 virtual cockpit.  I got the weather gauge to go in the VC, but can't get the GNSv2.

Here's part of KDFW's instructions for changing the Lear's panel config:

[Vcockpit00]
Background_color=36,36,36
size_mm=1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$GLJ25_01_G_C
//gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,211,248,670,586
gauge00=rxpGNS2!GPS_500_1,265,310,480,385,VC_settings    <<< this is for the RXP GNS530v2 addon, go to its support forum on avsim for details
gauge20=XPGLJ25v2!gps_buttons, 0, 0, 1, 1                                <<< this is for the RXP GNS530v2 addon, go to its support forum on avsim for details

I have changed all but the last two italicized lines in the Lear's [Vcockpit00] entry per the first lines above, but can't figure out where the last two (bolded) lines go, i.e., which config file and where.

Any help to put this all together to get the GNS 530v2 into the Lear 25 would be appreciated.

Thanks much, Jay.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I'm not sure to follow through but the "gauge##" lines go to the panel.cfg file and tell which gauge to display where at what size.

For this particular line to work ( "gauge00=rxpGNS2!GPS_500_1,265,310,480,385,VC_settings" ) you'd also need to create a new section in the RealityXP.GNS.ini file with the name "GPS_500_1.VC_SETTINGS".

It is documented in the GNS V2 User's Manual, but maybe @kdfw__ would like to chime in and provide more info?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)