Sign in to follow this  
CaptainLars

FS2Crew RAAS "777 Locked Version"

Hi,

there's still the "FS2Crew RAAS for 777 (Locked Version)" on my harddrive. What does it do, and should I try to install it in P4.1 or better not? The installer goes only until P3, no P4. I forgot what was its use.

Thank you very much in advance.

2 hours ago, CaptainLars said:

Hi,

there's still the "FS2Crew RAAS for 777 (Locked Version)" on my harddrive. What does it do, and should I try to install it in P4.1 or better not? The installer goes only until P3, no P4. I forgot what was its use.

Thank you very much in advance.

You mean you have an installer for that?  If you are keeping your PMDG 777 up to date then you are also keeping the RAAS module for the 777 up to date.  You don't need that standalone installer.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, downscc said:

You mean you have an installer for that?  If you are keeping your PMDG 777 up to date then you are also keeping the RAAS module for the 777 up to date.  You don't need that standalone installer.

There has once been a reason why I installed it in P3. It wasn't useless. Now I can't remeber what it was for. I'm not sure whether the 777 is linked in that way to RAAS, I remember it announcing "runway 7L" in Sheremetyevo (in P4) when the rest of the data said 6L.

15 hours ago, CaptainLars said:

There has once been a reason why I installed it in P3. It wasn't useless. Now I can't remeber what it was for. I'm not sure whether the 777 is linked in that way to RAAS, I remember it announcing "runway 7L" in Sheremetyevo (in P4) when the rest of the data said 6L.

There was once an update to the locked version of RAAS but the PMDG installers have long since picked up that update.  RAAS uses one of the runway data files found in the P3D root folder (I never remember which), which can be updated with Pete Dowson's free Makerwys tool.  Use this tool to get correct runway numbers callout in RAAS.  This tool also scans add-on.xml files and creates a temporary scenery.cfg file in the root folder that you can put in place of the active scenery.cfg file to allow Vector AEC to see all installed scenery.

Dan Downs KCRP

24 minutes ago, downscc said:

There was once an update to the locked version of RAAS but the PMDG installers have long since picked up that update.  RAAS uses one of the runway data files found in the P3D root folder (I never remember which), which can be updated with Pete Dowson's free Makerwys tool.  Use this tool to get correct runway numbers callout in RAAS.  This tool also scans add-on.xml files and creates a temporary scenery.cfg file in the root folder that you can put in place of the active scenery.cfg file to allow Vector AEC to see all installed scenery.

I use makerunways in conjunction with Lorby-SI Addon Organizer. OK, I don't need to install this package, thanks.