Sign in to follow this  
Rockliffe

PTT button on different PC

I am about to pull the card on VoxATC and hoping I can run it across the network on a second computer. I know it is supposed to be possible. However, can anyone offer some help... if I have VoxATC on the client, can I still use the button on my yoke to activate the 'press to talk' function?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I am about to pull the card on VoxATC and hoping I can run it across the network on a second computer. I know it is supposed to be possible. However, can anyone offer some help... if I have VoxATC on the client, can I still use the button on my yoke to activate the 'press to talk' function?

The gauge that handles comms is part of the client side. The server side handles AI aircraft and other VOXATC functions. Unless your PC is either low end and/or very old, it doesn't pay to run 3rd party sim apps across a network. The performance improvements will be modest at best.

7 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The gauge that handles comms is part of the client side. The server side handles AI aircraft and other VOXATC functions. Unless your PC is either low end and/or very old, it doesn't pay to run 3rd party sim apps across a network. The performance improvements will be modest at best.

Hmm, I did think that may be the case Jay. Maybe I should follow your advice and prevent giving myself any headaches!

You can always set it up as client-server after you are convinced that it is working correctly as a local app. VOXATC is very realistic but it can also be temperamental depending on the collection of 3rd party scenery that is installed.

What AI package are you using?

11 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

You can always set it up as client-server after you are convinced that it is working correctly as a local app. VOXATC is very realistic but it can also be temperamental depending on the collection of 3rd party scenery that is installed.

What AI package are you using?

Hi Jay, I am in the slow process of moving across to P3DV4 and some addons are not V4 compatible. I used to fly with MyTrafficX, but it has not yet been released for V4. I know some people have got it to work, but I really don't want to install anything until there is a proper V4 installer. I'm looking at Ultimate Traffic Live. At the moment I have hardly any AI in the sim, even with 100% AI turned on!