Sign in to follow this  
Radial9

Chaseplane Broken

Bought beta 6 weeks ago. Started out OK. Took the time to read what passes for a manual and set up one aircraft, Mafred Jahn's C47. Tooks some learning but I was able to set up various panel views to get flying. Chaseplane started crashing occasionally about 3 weeks ago. Steadily got worse until it started to not only crash but bring P3D down too. When I did not run CP, everything ran fine, flight after flight. I have been fly 4 to 8 hours a day for the past month. Same plane in P3dV4. I also run Active sky. That is the only addon I run with it. As of 2weeks ago it began crashing on schedule about 20 minutes into a 3 hour flight. Started it back up and it would finish the flight. Last week it started crashing pretty regularly every 20 minutes or so. The past few days it would crash as soon as it loaded. This morning I am attempting to load the program and it will not give me a user interface window. It loads, I get the splash screen, but no user window. I reboot, multiple times. I am positive I am running as admin. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Still will not provide a user interface window. Task Manager says it's running. "Relatively painless". Really?

Any suggestions would be most welcomed. I do have .net4.62 installed on computer. I have read most of the support topics here.

Thanks

Radial9

Were you using the Experimental version or the Stable version?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

If I look real quickly at the splash screen it tells me I am using 0.3.69 beta. If you're not quick there is no way of telling after that as there is no user interface. I was hoping to view the change log and see if that could provide some clues, but that's in the part of the program that want's to hide!

1 minute ago, Radial9 said:

If I look real quickly at the splash screen it tells me I am using 0.3.69 beta. If you're not quick there is no way of telling after that as there is no user interface. I was hoping to view the change log and see if that could provide some clues, but that's in the part of the program that want's to hide!

Version number is good enough, try running this reg file and relaunch ChasePlane. Let me know if that solved the issue for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/836orv6dczhvb8w/toBeta.zip?dl=0

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven, that did the trick, for a short while. FYI... I downloaded, rebooted, ran your reg file, rebooted. First load it had me reconfigure CP. All went well with the exception of no fuselage on DC3 exterior views. TO my delight it restored my views (thanks for that!). I said OK, lets try it again. Shut all down, rebooted. Loaded P3d and DC3. This time I got an error message that it had found and fixed a corrupt FSXSE config file. I have never ran FSXSE with CP. I have not started it up in over 4 months. Anyway, it then resorted to the previous issue upon completion of the fix. No user interface.

I rebooted again and changed my settings to not have CP load with P3D. Program ran fine.

Rebooted a second time and I'm back to the same issue, no user interface.  I have rebooted three times now, loaded CP and have the same results, no UI.

Almost.

If in understand correctly, if the sim is not running, the UI shows fine?

Only when it's auto-launch the UI does not show?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven...no. that is not the case. The UI will not come up even if the sim in not started. 

I shut all down, rebooted and ran the reg file again. What I get now is the functionality of CP, meaning button presses change views, but still no UI.

I remembered I also did a small setup with Carenado's 1900D. Same issue there. The four views I set up work, as I used the same buttons. However, no UI. So the problem is not plane dependent. 

The version you have uses hardware acceleration (basically uses the CPU and GPU to render the window). Try to update your graphics card drivers and le me know if that fixes the problem.

Beta 0.4 will not use hardware acceleration so I expect this issue to be gone by the end of November.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Keven... thanks for the suggestion. At this point I think I will "just watch". I have a licence. I'll wait and see how the beta progresses and giverago in another few months. With the pending P3Dv4.1 upgrade issues and video drivers I'm not ready to go down that road yet. These "fixes" usually end up causing more problems than they fix. If it was something major, I'd go for it. But to get a few new nifty views I think I will just back up a step or to and see how things develop. Thank you for your prompt support. It is appreciated. Good luck with your software.

Hi Keven... always good to come back and let you know how events turned out. I have spent most of today downloading, installing and configuring the new 0.4 ChasePlane software since I already had a licence. Seems to be working just fine with my P3Dv4.2. I know you get comments about having cloud based presets. It was a pleasant surprise to have all my aircraft and presets come up just as I had left them 6 months ago. I had thought I would have to rebuild everything.

I even took the time to read all the new tutorials and use existing community views for my new Majestic Q400 install. Pretty slick!

I was able to assign those community downloaded views to buttons on my CH Yoke and THQ. They work, imagine that! Now I can, with the press of the rocker buttons and front yoke switches access views to learn how to fly this beautiful aircraft without having to struggle with these old eyes and a checklist that had become frustrating as hell to learn in the standard Q400 VC view.

Hopefully the software will remain stable. GREAT software when it works. Thanks!!

Radial9