Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Annoying visibility feature problem

Hi all,

I face an annoying problem in P3D v4.1, but its not something that I got with 4.1. I remember having this problem with previous versions as well. What happens is that, when the visibility is low and I'm on the ground, I see in front of me a moving "visibility change line". You can see it in the picture below shown right before the red taxiway markings, and if you notice it actually extends through all the horizon. The effect is especially annoying with TrackIR, because as I turn my head around "visibility change lines" like these are drawn everywhere on the ground and scenery objects. It is something easier to see on a video, though the picture below can show you what I see. Does anyone knows why this happens and if there is any way to remove this problem?

aXFTcvn.jpg

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

26 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Does anyone knows why this happens and if there is any way to remove this problem?

Try turning Volumetric Fog ON if not already.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

13 minutes ago, gboz said:

Try turning Volumetric Fog ON if not already.

gb.

Hello. Thanks for the reply. The Volumetric Fog is already on. I suspect it should be something with Active Sky maybe?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

I have Track iR as well and I'm not seeing this problem. Reset your AS4 settings to defaults and re adjust to your liking. I think something got changed that wasn't supposed to be changed. Does it happen without AS4?

David Warner

BetaTeamB.png

You could try one other thing, in AS options go to cloud setting and set the P3D cloud offset to 500 feet. I think what you are seeing is cloud intersecting with the ground, not fog.

I noticed on one screen of Rob's settings that his was set at 500 feet and HiFi recommends that setting themselves. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thanks you very much guys. That’s a very good finding @jimcarrel, thank you. I’ll certainly try that and report if it’s solved.