david2002

problem with FSX

hello, my last flights in landing, i'm floating on the airport

do you know how i can fix this problem?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It might help if you provide information on the location of the airport.  Is it the default?  What addons installed?  Orbx?  The images you provided were taken at night.  Any chance of taking the pictures in the day time?  This is a known issue with Orbx/FTX.

• Upvote 1

all the world

then i'm starting the fsx fligh, its normal, then i'm landing the airport is floating

Problem with FSX? I have problem too but for now mine is related with Ultimate Traffic Live which gives me OOM. I had before UT2 and worked fine but UTlive .......needs help. Should I uninstall and install UT2 back to FSX? Sorry if I am in the wrong thread.

In the scenery.cfg, the airport you are landing at, has to be at the top of the scenery.cfg listing.  In other words, the scenery is not installed properly.

If this is every airport, including default airports, then your installation of FSX is corrupted.

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

In the scenery.cfg, the airport you are landing at, has to be at the top of the scenery.cfg listing.  In other words, the scenery is not installed properly.

If this is every airport, including default airports, then your installation of FSX is corrupted.

Hello Jim glad to see you again. Here my issue about. First launching FSX then loading PMDG 747 or 777 (either) while I am programing FMC it starts dings sound and OOM.

I start FSX again and loading 747 or 777 then I use crtl+shift+T to disable UTLive. Voila! ...... no OOM at all, I can complete my flight plan. I think I would have to put UT2 back to FSX and leaving UTLive only for P3D v4.

The dinging sound is your FSUIPC utility telling you you are about to run out of memory (VAS)(not RAM or physical memory).  I own UTLive but have never encountered the issues you seem to be having.  The default setting in UTLive is 100% AI so that might be too high for FSX.  Around 30% would be better but not sure how much AI that will give you.  In P3DV4 you should not have any problems.

Thanks for your professional help, so great! regarding on UTLive I found the settings to reduce AI from 100% to 10% in FSX but the UTLive engine also changes to P3Dv4. It appears the UTL changes apply for both sim at the same time even selected the Current Active Flight Simulator. I think it is a UTLive glitch. But, as I configured the FSX at 10% and no OOM then I don't mind if P3Dv4 has only a few AI on scenery; good for me to get an empty Gate easily. Agree with or something I am missing?

5 hours ago, trisho0 said:

It appears the UTL changes apply for both sim at the same time even selected the Current Active Flight Simulator. I think it is a UTLive glitch.

The neat thing about UTLive (okay, one of the neat things) is that you can change the amount of AI on the fly or during a flight or while sitting at an airport or while you are drinking a cup of coffee or a bottle of coke.  When the sim is loaded in FSX, just go to the Addon menu and click on UTLive and increase or decrease the amount of AI.  Do the same in P3D.  You actually don't have to waste your time opening the UTLive Menu in FSX or P3D.  Just use the shortcut key assignments:

toggle utlive on/off - ctrl+shift+t (this might be good in FSX as you don't need to see AI after you takeoff and during a flight and only when you land

clear approaching aircraft - ctrl+shift+A  (great for when you are coming in for a landing and some idiot ATC controller puts an aircraft in front of you on the runway or you are sitting at the runway ready to takeoff but the ATC controller won't give you clearance until 30 or 40 other incoming aircraft land first).

increase traffic density - ctrl+shift+f12

decrease traffic density - ctrl+shift+f11

The "target frame rate" setting in the UTLive traffic configuration might be good if you are have crashes with FSX with too much AI or fps.  Say you want to keep at least 20 fps during a flight.  If your fps goes below that, it should reduce the amount of AI being created until the fps get back up to 20.  Another cool feature.

I would also make sure you turn off the AI and GA settings in the FSX settings page and the P3D settings page for AI (unless you have another AI program running).  I have MyTrafficX and UTLive does not do a very good job with General Aviation (GA) aircraft at small airports like Friday Harbor and Orcas Island so I also have GA turned on in FSX and P3D as MyTrafficX will put the GA traffic at these airports.

Best regards,

Jim

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

or while you are drinking a cup of coffee

Jim, I appreciate your help as always. Those key stroke calling options for AI sound very nice but dings sound (memory warnings) appears right after I start programming FMC and moving switches from upper panel. I left UTLive traffic sliders to 10% to be OK with FSX. Since realized the traffic sliders changes for FSX will change to P3Dv4 as well, don't know why. So, UTL for P3d and UT2 for FSX. This will be my next setup changes until UTLive comes with an update and fixing such glitch if I am calling correctly.

As I stated above, if you have your traffic sliders set to 10% for FSX and you quit FSX and decide to use your P3DV4, once P3DV4 loads, and hit ctrl+shift+f12 or click on reset UTLive (forgot to mention that one but it is in the manual).  You are at 100%.  If that is too much, then hit ctrl+shift+f11 to decrease your traffic.  You can do this on the fly as you are sitting at a gate drinking coffee or enjoying an ice-cold coke or pepsi.  That would be nice those if they had a setting for whichever sim you are using but think that would be too complicated to accomplish.  That's why HiFi has a weather program for FSX and one for P3DV4.  I think this is the best solution the developers could make when one uses two different simulators.  Could be wrong as I've unfortunately been wrong before when responding to issues.

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

As I stated above, if you have your traffic sliders set to 10% for FSX and you quit FSX and decide to use your P3DV4, once P3DV4 loads, and hit ctrl+shift+f12 or click on reset UTLive (forgot to mention that one but it is in the manual).  You are at 100%.

Hello Jim, It sounds perfect!  Should be the "gen av density" slider matching percentage with "traffic slider"? The manual doesn't say anything about "gen av density" option. I don't know the meaning. Only guessing it generates average AI density? and if so then it should match accordingly.

I didn't give up with UTLive for FSX yet. It seems would work for FSX nicely following your magic advice.

Regards and many thanks

Patricio

When I click on increase density of traffic inside of FSX, I see a popup that states commercial and GA aircraft at 80%.  Click on it again and it says commercial and GA are at 85%  So evidently they are at the same percentage depending on the airport.   I can go to Friday's Harbor with 100% density of GA and it will show nothing.  So, the program requires some kind of schedule for the aircraft to appear.  At Seattle, I have tons of GA and Commercial at 80% and my FPS are around 50 but, as you know, when you increase autogen and AI in FSX, your sim won't last long as you'll soon run out of VAS.

Hey Patricio, didn't you use to have a brown leather flight jacket as an Avatar?  Guess you sold it huh? :smile:

Best regards,

Jim