Sign in to follow this  
MattS

X FEED CONFIG EICAS message on landing

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Occasionally I get an X FEED CONFIG message on the EICAS at the end of my landing roll-out. The message goes away within a few seconds. I have searched the documentation but I've been unsuccessful. I suspect that after hard braking, and under certain fuel level conditions, the totalizer briefly senses differing fuel levels in the tanks. Am I on the right track here?

3 minutes ago, MattS said:

I suspect that after hard braking, and under certain fuel level conditions, the totalizer briefly senses differing fuel levels in the tanks.

Nope. Normal condition given flap position, as it travels through a particular range in a particular tank/eng config.

What documentation have you looked in?

Kyle Rodgers

FCOM, and I did see the section you are referring to that but I wasn’t correlating it with flap position. Is it based on the flap selector position or the actual flap position? I thought that I got the message while still in landing config, but I might be wrong about that. The part of the FCOM that I read concerned traveling out of 10 or 20 degree flap position in relation to takeoff, which I’ve seen before but never understood until now. So it goes both ways? Lower than 10 and higher than 20, under tank/eng?

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

What documentation have you looked in?

Kyle,

I think I just found my answer. FCOM page 1468 section 12.20.16 specifically mentions "out of the range of flaps 10 and flaps 20 settings". 

After re-reading that whole section I've got a better understanding of the system logic, and the automatic opening of crossfeed valves, etc..

Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

There is logic on the real aircraft for inhibiting this message during flap retraction, but the flaps have to be retracted in a timely manner during rollout/taxy. Normally the flaps are put straight to up during rollout/taxi and the flaps are not left in the takeoff range for an extended period (so this doesn't activate the fuel system logic).

• Upvote 2

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

I opened a support ticket about this in June. Last I heard the logic was being investigated for a possible future update. 

• Upvote 1

ki9cAAb.jpg