Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Default Camera View Wrong

Hi,

Using P3D v4.1.  When I start p3d, my default view is the pilot position.  Lately for some reason when p3d starts, the camera position is at the left gear fairing (or skirt) looking forward and not in the cockpit.  The camera will move in the direction of my presets but that's all.  It won't actually go to my preset positions.  After the sim goes through the "Adjusting Scenery Objects" the view may or may not go to the Pilot position.  If it doesn't, I have to select another airplane which corrects the problem.  I've changed default airplanes but the problem remains.  Don't know what I may have changed to cause this problem but I admit It could be the big nut behind the yoke.  Thanks for any advice.

Jim

Hi Jim,

After loading, ChasePlane will automatically move the camera to the first preset listed in the On-Board column.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

As I stated, the view may or may not go to the pilot position.  Today I started the sim and the view again went to the left gear fairing and stayed there.  Did not go to my preset pilot view.  This seems to be an intermittent problem in that sometimes the view goes immediately to the preset view; sometimes to the left gear view then the preset view, and other times (like today) just to the left gear view.  Don't know why it changes from time to time.

Jim

Do you have TrackIR or a similar software running in the background when that happens?

Have you changed some camera sliders to be above 20?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Yeah, I do have TrackIR running in the background.  I'll try it without starting TrackIr and see what happens.

No, I don't have any camera sliders above 20.

Jim