Sign in to follow this  
Juan Jose LP

FSX on networked PC's - What, Why & How?

You may or may not notice an FPS increase, but with FSX (being 32-bit application) the main improvement will be less OOMs (Out Of Memory errors).
Other than that, if you're running your weather engine on a networked computer you will experience no FPS drop when the weather updates itself and gets injected to FSX.
I say it's definitely worth it for FSX. Maybe worth it as well for P3D, no matter what version. If you like to run a lot of addons like me then it's definitely worth it. Look up in youtube 'frooglesim' channel, that guy has a very easy step-by-step tutorial on how to connect FSX on a network. ;D

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

4 minutes ago, Juan Jose LP said:

You may or may not notice an FPS increase, but with FSX (being 32-bit application) the main improvement will be less OOMs (Out Of Memory errors).

Juan,

Welcome to Avsim and your first post.

Let me give you a pointer to get started. I split this from a 5 year old topic that you resurrected. In internet world they refer to this as necropsting when you did up old topics and is generally frowned up as bad etiquette.

Having said that, if you have questions or something of interest to contribute, it's best to start a new thread than did one up that is a few years old or older and reply to it.

Thanks