3 hours ago, DJJose said:

I'm sorry if this debate is a PITA for you. This would not occur in 2017 if devs & sellers would be more transparent with their potential customers.

Buyer beware. This should serve as a public service announcement.

Now I have to learn how to back up & restore my p3d shaders manually, just in case my internet service is lost again.

BTW, I can use my phone's data to post on avsim. I don't need to have my computer on line to use the web.

My view, FWIW, is that you were looking for a weekend trolling opportunity and decided that poor Matt would be the victim. Your phrase: "I'm waiting to see how Matt responds to my question" suggests your intentions to me, at least, because you must surely have been been able to anticipate his inevitable and totally correct response.

If you're looking for someone to have an online war of words with, something you also need an Internet connection for, why not search for someone who is clearly pirating software and blame them for the need to have software constantly connected, so that developers might actually make more money that they can reinvest in better software we can all enjoy.

From what Matt has been saying on his great streams, the security measures in PTA have thus far protected the product very well. A shame, I think, that you can't see the long term benefits of that to you as a paying customer.

I'm still not understanding how anyone running P3DV4 and presumably a coterie of expensive add ons wouldn't be online 24/7 in any case.

• Upvote 1

I’m going to lock this thread.

There is NO requirement that developers reveal how they protect their work, that would be self defeating.

Just as there is no requirement for the Billions of 24/7 web bots that gather web site data, welcome to 2017 Public access and the advertising model that keeps much of the Internet a float and paid for.

For the 99% case this type of DRM is transparent and not an issue.  If one has unreliable internet connections then take that up with ones ISP that you pay for service.

I recommend you determine the return policy first before purchase.

Cheers Rob