Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

Help for P3D v4.1 configurations

Hello, if someone can give me advise and help me to configure my Nvidia control panel and settings in p3d for better performance please.

My Specs:

i7 6700k Skylake

ASUS Z170 -Pro Gaming

memory 32 GB DDR4

Gigabytte G1 Gaming GTX 1080ti

Win 10 Pro

Please give me advise to set up my settings because I can not.

Thank you in advance

Well, actually, the best advice is to not change anything in the nVidia control panel and use the P3D settings to give you better performance. There is no setting in the control panel that will help you with performance. (I do know the control panel has one performance setting but in all my years of flying using nVidia cards I have never ever seen an actual performance increase when using that setting.) I've been using the default nVidia settings for years now. If performance isn't too good, lower your settings in P3D itself: don't expect miracles from the control panel (or nVidia Inspector).

Thank you so much for your advise. I don’t use nvidia inspector and in nvidia control panel I change only the power management to best performans. I will now change to default as you advise. What about p3d 4.1 best settings please?

geo

Your best bet would be to experiment with different settings, turn sliders up slowly at a test airport until you start to see performance drops that are too much for you. Unfortunately what may work for one person may not work for another even with the same hardware.

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

41 minutes ago, NickJZX said:

Your best bet would be to experiment with different settings, turn sliders up slowly at a test airport until you start to see performance drops that are too much for you. Unfortunately what may work for one person may not work for another even with the same hardware.

This. But besides that, it also depends on what YOU like. I could tell you to turn off all autogen to get better performance but what's the use if you happen to like autogen? So turn up the settings that matter to you and then check performance. If it's great you can up some settings that are less important. And if it's bad already turn down a few settings you don't care too much about.

What also makes a difference is how and where you fly: if you like airliners and take off from payware airports you will need totally different settings than if you do bush flying with a Cessna.

What I can say is that certain settings can really hurt performance. The new speed trees (which don't look too good anyway) and dynamic lighting come to mind. 

You are absolutely right of your suggestions and I’m glad for letting m know.

Thank you so much

Geo

Example if I set the slider in Ultimate Traffic Live to 100% do I need to set sliders in P3D to any percentage or just to zero?

11 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Example if I set the slider in Ultimate Traffic Live to 100% do I need to set sliders in P3D to any percentage or just to zero?

I set mine to zero in P3D which prevents any of the P3D default traffic from being injected into the sim. I only see UTLive traffic.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe