Sign in to follow this  
fsafranek

Abacus releases Skycatcher....NO WAY.

Saw this old thread while scanning for Skycatcher.  Wanted to add that as early prototype looking a model the Abacus version was/is, it is the only one that will work in P3D v4.  None of the Garmin 300 displays in the superior looking Flight1 model display at all.

But all is not lost, I took the avionics from the Abacus version (typically on sale for under $10) and merged them into the Flight1 version (Free) for a quite satisfying result.  If you have both dust them off and try it yourself.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=58865&PID=373824&title=low-fps-with-garmin-panels-on#373824

• Like 1

Frank Safranek - Alphasim/Virtavia Paint Crew

m4fs_banner.jpg

Split this from a 6 year old necropst.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

As much as many might not have Abacus at the top of their list of developers, they've come to the rescue a few times for me. Notably in being the creators of FS Design Studio, which is still the easiest and quickest way to knock up a bit of scenery for FSX and P3D,.

And they sometimes, as you found, make the only version of a less popular FS aeroplane one can find. For example, they make the only Gippsland/Aero GA8 Airvan you can find for a flight sim. Which in case anyone has never heard of that aircraft, you will certainly have seen one if you ever watched the movie Blood Diamond, as it is the little STOL high winged aircraft featured prominently in that movie, which is sporting a spurious African registration number.

So yeah, Abacus to the rescue and ironically one of the developers whose stuff I have used (in the case of FSDS) for literally decades since I used to make stuff for FS98 with it, I am not sure I could say that about any other developer. Nor would anyone else be able to claim that a program which worked for FS95 still works for P3D V4 lol. But it actually does lol.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here