ninerwhiskey9W

Ground Textures becoming black

Recommended Posts

Hello

My ground textures keep cycling between the normal textures and a black texture. I'm not sure whether they are cycling between day and night textures, or just simply disappearing, I initally thought that this was due to ActiveSky, but this happens with all aircraft and default scenery.

Normal ground textures

RK5tBca.jpg

"Black" ground textures 

3RLcPiZ.jpg

As far I can see, this does not effect autogen, which remains in place.

 

Any ideas on how to solve this issue ?

Cheers 

9W

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there,

Are you creating your own XML to install scenaries?

Regards,

Simbol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, simbol said:

Hi there,

Are you creating your own XML to install scenaries?

Regards,

Simbol

I might have moved a few airports from the deafult Prepar3d v4 Add-on folder and edited the add-on.xml to reflect the new updated locaation.

I have FSDG VQPR and VOBL which I moved to a new folder outside, and changed the addin.xml. I also used Lorby Addon Organiser to add some other airports, which aslo created a few other addon.xml entries.

Share this post


Link to post

 

1 minute ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

I might have moved a few airports from the deafult Prepar3d v4 Add-on folder and edited the add-on.xml to reflect the new updated locaation.

Ok, how many airports have you done like this? there is a bug that after installing certain amount of XML's the bug above will occur, I don't remember how many but it is something like 18 or more I believe.

Second, are you aware of what the SDK XML method does? there are a lot of topics on this forum where I am warning people about the consequences of this method in relation to file name resolutions, so it is posible you have now a conflict of textures on your system.

Please read: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/523322-best-way-to-add-sceneries-add-ons-or-scenery-library/ and this https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/523111-change-prepar3d-v4-add-ons-dir/  

To solve your problem I advise to disable your XML's using the Add-on's manager and enable them one by one restarting PD3 each time to see which one might be causing the conflict.

 

Best Regards,
Simbol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, simbol said:

Ok, how many airports have you done like this? there is a bug that after installing certain amount of XML's the bug above will occur, I don't remember how many but it is something like 18 or more I believe.

Definately not 18. Other than the 2 FSDG Airports, I have 5 other freeware sceneries which I added via the addon.xml method to see if it was working properly. 

There are 2 other airports OMDB and YSSY which I added manually via the scenery library. I did read both the posts you mentioned above before starting to mess around with the addons. I will try disabling the addons one by one to see if the culprit can be found.

 

BTW, This bug currently exists only for airports added via addon.xml method only ? So if I add the airports via the Scenery Library, I should have no issues ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

Definately not 18. Other than the 2 FSDG Airports, I have 5 other freeware sceneries which I added via the addon.xml method to see if it was working properly. 

There are 2 other airports OMDB and YSSY which I added manually via the scenery library. I did read both the posts you mentioned above before starting to mess around with the addons. I will try disabling the addons one by one to see if the culprit can be found.

 

BTW, This bug currently exists only for airports added via addon.xml method only ? So if I add the airports via the Scenery Library, I should have no issues ?

 

Yes this is my understanding, however your issue could be because something went wrong with your XML's.

Try disable them one by one first.

Regards,

Simbol

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, simbol said:

Yes this is my understanding, however your issue could be because something went wrong with your XML's.

Try disable them one by one first.

Regards,

Simbol

I disabled them all one by one as you suggested, but the problem still exists. I even tried trying to run p3d with an empty Add-on folder.

Do you think this could be a shader issue ? I tried deleting the shaders folder from AppData/LM/Prepar3d v4/  but there was no Shaders folder. 

Share this post


Link to post

Yes could be, are you using toga or pta shaders?

Also make a backup of Prepar3d.cfg and delete it it to see the problem goes away.

If not repeat with scenery.cfg, etc.

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, simbol said:

Yes could be, are you using toga or pta shaders?

Also make a backup of Prepar3d.cfg and delete it it to see the problem goes away.

If not repeat with scenery.cfg, etc.

Simbol 

No. I dont use any of those programs. Will try deleting the cfg files one by one, 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Ninerwhiskey9W and others

Have any of you been able to solve your problems??

If yes, could one you explain how you did it to me because I have no idea what to do.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, TomaszBrasil said:

Hey Ninerwhiskey9W and others

Have any of you been able to solve your problems??

If yes, could one you explain how you did it to me because I have no idea what to do.

Thanks

I deleted the Prepa3d.cfg and the Shaders folder to get it back to normal.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now