Sign in to follow this  
AOB

Compass strip

While trying out FSW I got used to using the U key to bring up the compass tape at the top of my screen. Going back to my FSX I notice that does not work even though it is listed as a usable key under missions. Is there ant way of switching that on in a cfg file or something?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In FSX it is used for Missions only, not for free flight.  In FSW does that compass tape just show the

direction you are going or does it point only towards your ultimate destination?

8 hours ago, charliearon said:

In FSX it is used for Missions only, not for free flight.  In FSW does that compass tape just show the

direction you are going or does it point only towards your ultimate destination?

In Free Flight FSW you select a start airport and a destination (waypoints too if you want). Hitting U will show the tape and direction of travel and the distance to destination in green under an arrow on the tape at the correct heading. That distance keeps changing of course and it is really handy for estimating the time to descend as well as other things.  I found that to be all I need for my low level VFR flights.