Sign in to follow this  
Bobn

Controls not working

Hi, Can anyone help please. I have recently downloaded 3 aeroplane addons, 1 from avsim.su (Saab J105-OE) & 2 more from another source (Mooney Acclaim 2004 mod for FSX & Stearman PT13-A).

My problem is that elevator & aileron controls are not working on all three downloads on either joystick or keyboard. When moving the joystick the yoke moves too but not the elevators or ailerons. 

Throttle is working OK.

I don't have this problem with any other addons. Any help gratefully received.

Was the Stearman from this site?  https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/9321/fsx-stearman-pt-13a/get/

I'm downloading now to try it!

The one I listed works fine.  All animations work.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes this is the same one. 

But as I stated it's not just this addon not working. 

Two other addons exactly the same which suggests it's a problem with my system not the addons.

I have since re-downloaded the addon and re-installed, re-calibrated the joystick.

I have also downloaded another Stearman addon which has exactly the same problem.

When selecting the planes in freeflight, the right aileron is fully up & the left fully down which cannot be trimmed. The elevator barely moves.

Have I accidentally pressed a key or something which is causing the problem?

Solved it !!!

Don't know what I did but pressing the 'z' key put everything back to normal.

Yep that'll fix it, you had your "Autopilot enabled" the "Z" key enables (Master ON/OFF) for Autopilot whether you have Autopilot on the instrument panel or not.

Just a little while back a member had a similar issue with his Hawker Hunter, he could not get full deflection of his elevator and I suppose his ailerons as well. (Difficulty taking off) later discovering the "Z" key master had been enabled. The Hunter had no autopilot on the panel but pressing the "Z" key fixed his problem.

Jethro

Thanks for that info.

I knew the 'Z' key enabled the autopilot as the AP on the default B747 instrument panel does not work. I learned that pressing the 'Z' key 

enabled it. What I did not realize was that if autopilot was enabled on boot up, it caused this problem.

Thanks again

Bob