Sign in to follow this  
Carob

PANC Approaches

AFCAD 2.1 has a known bug which is that it cannot edit or save ILS approach data correctly. That information was still unknown when AFCAD 2.1 was released. Never use AFCAD to edit any airport with ILS approaches.

Unless you're talking about actually editing the approaches with AFCAD, I disagree.  I've modified parking in lots of AFCAD files using AFCAD without any trouble to the approaches.

But, that's getting off topic.  Still trying to find out if anyone is able to help me with the orig topic issue.  I would appreciate it if at all possible.

2 hours ago, Carob said:

Unless you're talking about actually editing the approaches with AFCAD, I disagree.  I've modified parking in lots of AFCAD files using AFCAD without any trouble to the approaches.

But, that's getting off topic.  Still trying to find out if anyone is able to help me with the orig topic issue.  I would appreciate it if at all possible.

No-one is talking about editing approaches with Afcad because you can't!

You may have modified parking before and it not affected approaches because that field is using the default approaches from 13 years ago! If you are running a retro sim that is fine.

Ahhh, yeah, the previous poster was.  But I'm not looking to do that so I don't even know how that came up in the first place so it doesn't matter.

But again, off topic.

As these forums are for help, that's what I'm hoping to get.  If you don't want to help me out then there's no reason to post.

On 11/8/2017 at 2:32 AM, Carob said:

Hello.

Is it possible this can be fixed?  If so I'm hoping someone can help me do this.

Thanks!

I'm sorry. I thought you were asking for help.....but in fact you were asking for someone to do the work for you.

If the work has already been done, sure.  (As long as this scenery has been out I'd be surprised if it hasn't.)  If not, then help doing it is fine.  But telling me to use ADE isn't help.

14 minutes ago, Carob said:

But telling me to use ADE isn't help.

.... you can lead a horse to water...... :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Still not helpful so I'll ask you to stop now.

If anyone else is willing to help I'd love to hear from you.

Have you searched the AVSIM library or other FSim libraries?  Maybe the content has been uploaded by someone.

\Robert Hamlich/

2 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Have you searched the AVSIM library or other FSim libraries?  Maybe the content has been uploaded by someone.

I've looked but haven't found anything.

Carob,

Send me your email in a private message.  I have can have FRF PANC up to date with cycle 1712 in a couple of days, complete with approaches, taxiways, signage, and terminal waypoints.  I do it all the time with just ADE.  I haven't worked with PANC in a couple of years, but the runway designations are correct and the TED VOR is even in there.

I have no issue with doing this for you at all.  I enjoy doing it.  That said, ADE is not that hard to master, although writing approach code is a little daunting at first.  You should experiment with a current airport diagram of a small or medium sized airport.

One word of caution if you do decide to experiment.  Never Ever say your modified airport as one of the default APXXXX.bgl files.  Each one of those holds many, many airports and if you overwrite them you lose all those airports in the sim.  But no worries about PANC.  I'll start working on it tonight.  I love doing this.  Sometimes I get so caught up working on airports and repainting aircraft that I forget to fly. :biggrin:

Randy