Sign in to follow this  
Julean

Are your P3D v4.0-1 working? Mine has been down for weeks because of .NET CTD

On 11/11/2017 at 9:29 AM, Jim Young said:

I was the one who referred to CMeteoXmLx64.  It belongs to Carenado aircraft.  If you do not have any Carenado aircraft, then it is not installed.  If it is installed, it will be in the same directory as where your Prepar3D.exe is located (the main folder). 

I was wrong with my recommendations for the x64 bit versions of the Carenado aircraft -

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 2/18/2018 at 6:44 PM, Jim Young said:

I was wrong with my recommendations for the x64 bit versions of the Carenado aircraft -

Thank you for thinking about the simmers that are crashed bwcaust of the .NET run time  crash for me i. Win 7 64 bit.  

Even though Ihave updated to p3d v4.2 it still crashes.  

I wil later on reinstall p3d but as the p3d forum post show.   To no use. 

Jens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

Are there any new findings?

I am constantly getting the typ of CTD. And I have no clue regarding the potential reason?

If this is going on, I have to give up and uninstall P3D. Other wise I am wasting more and more time.

Regards

Arndt 

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

Should I look for addon airplanes, sceneries, utilities as potential cause for this ongoing CTDs? Or are non flightsim programs the cause? The potential reasons seem to be endless. Where to start?

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

3 hours ago, Arndt777 said:

Should I look for addon airplanes, sceneries, utilities as potential cause for this ongoing CTDs? Or are non flightsim programs the cause? The potential reasons seem to be endless. Where to start?

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides information on Page 10 on how to fix all CTD's in P3DV4.  It even has images on how to fix problems.  P3DV4 works perfectly for me and I have many add-ons.  So do many of the other members here at AVSIM.  If you have a CTD with just P3DV4 installed, no addons, and just using the default aircraft and scenery and have these CTD's then there is something wrong with P3DV4.  If you have addon scenery made by someone else installed in P3DV4, then the fault is NOT P3DV4 but the addon scenery made by someone else.  The AVSIM CTD Guide allows you to bring P3DV4 back to the default setup without uninstalling all of your scenery addons and aircraft.  You then bring back one file that loads modules to see if this causes the crash.  If not, then you bring back another file that loads modules, and so on, and so on.  Most of the errors I have seen are caused by a module being loaded in the dll.xml (there are two - one in the same folder as the P3D.cfg and one in the same folder as the scenery.cfg).  If you disable those two files, most likely your problems will be fixed and the AVSIM Guide tells you exactly how to check each module to see whether or not it was the culprit that caused your crash.  The two most likely culprits are the FSUIPC.dll and the CMeteoXML.dll. 

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have now given in and reinstalled, updated all files connected to run P3D.  That is .net Framework etc. 

Updated BIOS and drivers. 

I have purified the sceneries meaning only P3d V4 sceneries installed. And if with patch, a v4 patch. 

No freeware not recommended for v4.  

I have skipded MyTraffic and gone to UTlive. 

And installed Henrik Nielsen AI ships. 

I have only a fraction of the sceneries installed just now, and install them -some at the time - so I hopefully catch the problematic ones. 

ITS WORKING after a 1/2 year in the hangar.  

I have Envtex envshade, active sky and the ASCA, a lot of ORBX, pilots mesh sceneries, fsuipc, radar contact,

I have a suspicion for REX HD airport sceneries WHICH WAS NOT FOR V4 that version I had installed. 

Please understand its just a suspicion. 

All the best Jens

• Like 1

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

Good to hear you got it working.  Too bad you had to reinstall but that sometimes is the only solution.  Have done that a couple of times with FSX.

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM