Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EGSC2

NAV key and GTN 750 (almost works)

3 posts in this topic

While trying to get my JS41 follow Flight1's GTN 750 without any luck, I noticed that with GTN set for heading hold steering mode (through config file), with JS41 in V/L VOR1 mode, if you keep pressing NAV button on autopilot panel continuously (several times per second), aircraft will follow the track from GTN !, albeit EHSI will not show CDI needle, etc, but it doesn't matter. The problem is that this NAV button is not default and pressing NAV1 button from default control assignments will not do the same trick.

Has anyone got an idea how to somehow determine this custom NAV button and bind it for continuous engagement (through Fsuipc, etc.)?

PS. What is also interesting that JS41 follows KLN-90B from this developer ( http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/the-kln90b-for-fsx-prepar3d-in-beta.432845/ ), it has override function for heading hold. Aircraft follows KLN perfectly, so I guess GTN could do too. 

Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I do not own the GTN750, but just curious as to why you would use that vs the built in AP/FMS for heading hold?