Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

GoFlight Vantedge Yoke. Yes/No & why

It's about time to move forward. My 9 years old Saitek Pro is about to go south and I would like to abandon the Plastic.

My budget dosn't let me go with the PFC or the Yoko, so I'm thinking of the GoFlight Vantedge, however I can't find reviews and no recent posts on this device.

I'm aware that GF had some issues with this Yoke in the past, but I'm wondering if GF overcome those issues.

Any input as of performance, functionality, durability Etc, will be highly appreciated

Cheers

Yair      

I've had mine for about 16 months and can't say I'd highly recommend it. I've had it apart several times to change springs, clean, and lubricate it. I thought the standard springs were very stiff and restricted the travel. It's built pretty well, has a hat switch and a few buttons, is a good size for desk sims and a nice feel to the yoke. So it's not terrible, but if they put some effort into tweaking things, I'd give it 5 stars. I'l give it 2.5 stars out of box, 3.5 stars after all the mods. Oh and FSUIPC does a fine job calibrating it in P3DV4...Well, let me know if you have any further questions. 

best,

Greg   

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

.huummmm ..... I would expect a bit more form GoFlight, 2.5 out of 5 is not very convincing considering that I"m looking at almost $600 investment, I ,definitely, don't have the motivation to start messing up with taking it apart to get it function right out of the box ..maybe it's a good idea just to wait for a used one to come up

..anyway, Greg, tnx for the output

Have a wonderful Sim weekend ahead

Yair          

I don't understand GoFlight, they sell these yokes for $550 and $750 and they are sooo notchy and stiff, plus they have such a short travel distance. If I'm buying a $500-800 yoke, I wouldn't expect to have to open it up to lubricate and adjust it constantly. I've emailed their support and this is normal to them? Save your money, honestly I prefer my CH Eclipse to either of these yokes due to their issues, plus its way cheaper. Though the new honeycomb yoke looks promising. 

I agree on the CH Eclipse. I recently replaced my original CH Yoke USB that was at least 10, probably more like 12, years old with the Eclipse and I'm very happy with it.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I've had my Vantedge for about a year and I can say that so far I am happy with it.  Yes, it was notchy/sticky in the elevator axis at first, but after lubricating it with clear silicone grease it has been as smooth as butter.  I guess I am fortunate that I haven't had to mess with the springs at all, and I haven't had to open it up after getting it lubricated properly.  Yes, the PFC yokes are better, but they are more expensive, too.

I've never owned a CH yoke, but I have the Saitek Cessna yoke, and this one is way better than the Saitek.