Sign in to follow this  
KrustyFM

Hello virtual aviation world

Hi everybody,

I'd like to introduce myself this way and say hello to you guys ot there :).

Long story short, I startet my first virtual flying experience on an AMIGA 500 back in the late eighties and in my twenties I worked as an aircraft mechanic on airforce machines and also on GA planes like Cessna, Piper, Mooney etc. I'm in my early fourties now and after years of "flying" MSFS from version 98 on I again switched lanes and now X-Plane (10, now 11) supported with some addons (planes, scenery, realism tools...) provides the fun. Don't regret it. 

This year I found out about "On The Glideslope", got thrilled and now I plan to build something similar. Fot those who don't now about this, it's a nice basement simpit, great for single engine GA aircraft simulation like Cessna 172. Right now I'm doing a lot of research and I also gather desired hardware. With SketchUp I try to plan the cockpit itself. I test tools like Air Manager for a nice steam gauge panel and spadneXt to configure my already existing Saitek hardware the way I like and need it. Everything slowly comes together and in 2018 I'l start to bring everything together and build this thing.

I don't rush things, since this is a hobby and I don't have any deadline to hold. But thrilled to build this thing I am :).

Kind regards

• Upvote 1

Welcome to Avsim :cool:

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here