Sign in to follow this  
Arndt777

I have created a custom checklist for the RealAir Duke. When starting MCE, I am getting following Message: "Missing separator (--) at line 21 ..."

I am sure that there isn't any missing separator. Regarding line 21: is this refering to checklist item no. 21, or to the line 21 in the txt doc.

What can I do? 

Kind regards

Arndt

Arndt Laube

P3Dv4.5 and P3Dv5

Brunner CLS-E Yoke & Rudder, 2x Logitech Throttle, several GoFlight modules

Intel i7 9700K, 16 GB RAM, Geforce 1080Ti, monitors 3840 x 2160 and 1360 x 768

18 minutes ago, Arndt777 said:

I have created a custom checklist for the RealAir Duke. When starting MCE, I am getting following Message: "Missing separator (--) at line 21 ..."

I am sure that there isn't any missing separator. Regarding line 21: is this refering to checklist item no. 21, or to the line 21 in the txt doc.

What can I do? 

Kind regards

Arndt

Line 21 in the custom checklist file.

Make sure you have 2 dashes (--) and not a combination of similar looking characters.

Use Notepad when editing checklists.Other tools may introduce hidden characters.

If struggling, send the file to support.

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:34 AM, Arndt777 said:

What can I do? 

Kind regards

Arndt

The file you sent was OK except for a typo "Cowell flaps" instead of "Cowl flaps" (about 5 instances in the checklist).

Besides FO not uttering the word "Cowell" it wasn't understanding the line and didn't check cowl flaps position.

When corrected, he was able to spell it and check it.

Didn't get the error referring to line 21. Are you sure it's not a different file you tried to assign?