Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

FS Global Ultimate NG for Prepar3d v4

I just got FS Global Ultimate NG for Prepar3d v4 and some stock airports have field elevation issues. According to Pilot’s (developers of FSGUNG), this is due fact that these airports do not have accurate airport field elevations.But does Orbx payware airports not have these issues? Do all Orbx airports correctly depict field elevations?  I’ve tested Orbx’s LOWI and haven’t noticed any issues. Furthermore, I have FTX Global, LC Europe and North America, FTX Global Vectors, and just installed FS Global NG. Besides using the FTX utility to auto-configure the airports, should I do anything else to make sure everything is running smoothly?

Best,

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Two different questions here.  If you have Vector, you need to run the AEC at least once and to do that you should become familiar with make runways utility that will scan xml files and create a temporary scenery.cfg file for use with Vector AEC.  If this doesn't solve the problem with your stock airports (I have not seen this yet but there are lots I've not seen yet) then you can use the Pilots AFM tool to fix those.  The AFM tool needs to be downloaded from their web site after you log into your account.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I did run the Orbx FTX Vector AEC tool, after installing Pilot's FSFUNG. I will check to see if the AFM tool will be necessary. Are you also running Pilot's mesh? Experienced any issues? And overall, what do you think? I do a lot of real-world VFR and think it adds to that immersion factor.

Best,  

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Sometimes I have to run the AFM tool or the FTX Vector AEC tool. There are a few cases were I need to use both to correct elevation.  

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Sometimes I have to run the AFM tool or the FTX Vector AEC tool. There are a few cases were I need to use both to correct elevation.  

Does the AFM tool actually fix the elevation discrepancy or just patches it up to make it bearable?

Regards, 

Regards,

Shelman S.

It fixes the elevation. It tells you all about it on the Pilots page. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro