Sign in to follow this  
ssair1

FS Global Ultimate NG for Prepar3d v4

I just got FS Global Ultimate NG for Prepar3d v4 and some stock airports have field elevation issues. According to Pilot’s (developers of FSGUNG), this is due fact that these airports do not have accurate airport field elevations.But does Orbx payware airports not have these issues? Do all Orbx airports correctly depict field elevations?  I’ve tested Orbx’s LOWI and haven’t noticed any issues. Furthermore, I have FTX Global, LC Europe and North America, FTX Global Vectors, and just installed FS Global NG. Besides using the FTX utility to auto-configure the airports, should I do anything else to make sure everything is running smoothly?

Best,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Two different questions here.  If you have Vector, you need to run the AEC at least once and to do that you should become familiar with make runways utility that will scan xml files and create a temporary scenery.cfg file for use with Vector AEC.  If this doesn't solve the problem with your stock airports (I have not seen this yet but there are lots I've not seen yet) then you can use the Pilots AFM tool to fix those.  The AFM tool needs to be downloaded from their web site after you log into your account.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I did run the Orbx FTX Vector AEC tool, after installing Pilot's FSFUNG. I will check to see if the AFM tool will be necessary. Are you also running Pilot's mesh? Experienced any issues? And overall, what do you think? I do a lot of real-world VFR and think it adds to that immersion factor.

Best,  

Sometimes I have to run the AFM tool or the FTX Vector AEC tool. There are a few cases were I need to use both to correct elevation.  

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Sometimes I have to run the AFM tool or the FTX Vector AEC tool. There are a few cases were I need to use both to correct elevation.  

Does the AFM tool actually fix the elevation discrepancy or just patches it up to make it bearable?

Regards, 

It fixes the elevation. It tells you all about it on the Pilots page.