DatJarDoh

Dynamic Lighting doesn't show up

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

My dynamic lighting for P3Dv4 doesn't work, despite it being enabled. Anyone have any idea why? I've tried reinstalling all my add-ons and P3D it's self but to no avail.

Thanks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

26 minutes ago, DatJarDoh said:

Hello all,

My dynamic lighting for P3Dv4 doesn't work, despite it being enabled. Anyone have any idea why? I've tried reinstalling all my add-ons and P3D it's self but to no avail.

Thanks for the help.

When you say doesn't work, can you be more specific? What doesn't work? Airport lights or landing lights? What sceneries? What planes? Etc.

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post

All my PMDG addons don't work. As for airport dynamic lighting, I dont have any addons that have that.

Share this post


Link to post

 

1 minute ago, simbol said:

When you say doesn't work, can you be more specific? What doesn't work? Airport lights or landing lights? What sceneries? What planes? Etc.

Simbol 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, DatJarDoh said:

All my PMDG addons don't work. As for airport dynamic lighting, I dont have any addons that have that.

Ok, just to discard is DL or other issues.

Do the the AI planes taxi and landing lights illuminate the runway and tarmac?

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, simbol said:

Ok, just to discard is DL or other issues.

Do the the AI planes taxi and landing lights illuminate the runway and tarmac?

Simbol 

They don't but I think that's just due to them being from FS9

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DatJarDoh said:

They don't but I think that's just due to them being from FS9

Try with default AI

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DatJarDoh said:

They don't but I think that's just due to them being from FS9

Another idea, load the default F22, the landing lights work?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, simbol said:

Another idea, load the default F22, the landing lights work?

It doesn't work with any of the default planes either. Just tried it with the FSL A320 and it doesn't work for that aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, DatJarDoh said:

It doesn't work with any of the default planes either. Just tried it with the FSL A320 and it doesn't work for that aswell.

There is also an option that says landing lights illuminate runway do you have that enabled?

If that doesn't solve it, try deleting the PD3 config file and shaders to see.

I am going to bed, we can follow up tomorrow.

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, simbol said:

There is also an option that says landing lights illuminate runway do you have that enabled?

If that doesn't solve it, try deleting the PD3 config file and shaders to see.

I am going to bed, we can follow up tomorrow.

Simbol 

I have that enabled, I've tried deleting the config files but where are the shaders located? Also thank you so much for the help so far!

Share this post


Link to post

The shaders are under AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\ you can delete everything in that folder, shaders will get rebuilt when you launch the sim.

One more thing you can try if it still doesn't work is to check "Enable Content Error Reporting".

6dee58149fa9fca8735d0850f64966bf.png

When closing the sim it'll create a log file in your documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\ called ContentErrors.txt. If any of the errors listed in that file reference a shader file (which are .fx or .fxh files) then you might have some corrupted files in your install and might need to re-install the P3D client.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LB777 said:

The shaders are under AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\ you can delete everything in that folder, shaders will get rebuilt when you launch the sim.

One more thing you can try if it still doesn't work is to check "Enable Content Error Reporting".

6dee58149fa9fca8735d0850f64966bf.png

When closing the sim it'll create a log file in your documents/Prepar3D v4 Files called ContentErrors.txt. If any of the errors listed in that file reference a shader file (which are .fx or .fxh files) then you might have some corrupted files in your install and might need to re-install the P3D client.

 

 

2 hours ago, simbol said:

There is also an option that says landing lights illuminate runway do you have that enabled?

If that doesn't solve it, try deleting the PD3 config file and shaders to see.

I am going to bed, we can follow up tomorrow.

Simbol 

Here's what was in the ContentErrors.txt


[error.0]
error=Texture #sunglow.bmp failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.1]
error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - Number of Stations

[error.2]
error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - Number of Stations

[error.3]
error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - Number of Stations

[error.4]
error=Payload station indexes should be between 1 - Number of Stations

That goes on until [error.999]. However, I did find this in the middle of it:

[error.481]
error=Texture #sunflare2.bmp failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.482]
error=Texture #sunflare3.bmp failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.483]
error=Texture #sunflare4.bmp failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.484]
error=Texture #sunflare1.bmp failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

 

Share this post


Link to post

Nah none of this should be a problem, if you had an issue you'd see something like

[error.43]
error=Shader cache failed to compile or create shader. source-file:...

As I mentioned you could try and just repair P3D Client, you might get lucky and that fixes it... but other than a problem with shaders I don't really see what it could be unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, LB777 said:

Nah none of this should be a problem, if you had an issue you'd see something like

[error.43]
error=Shader cache failed to compile or create shader. source-file:...

As I mentioned you could try and just repair P3D Client, you might get lucky and that fixes it... but other than a problem with shaders I don't really see what it could be unfortunately.

Do you know what Ultimate Realism Pack is? If you have that installed, do you have the same issue as me?

Share this post


Link to post

I don't use it no, but URP modifies shaders sooooo... maybe it screwed something up. Reset your shaders from URP if you can, if not, reinstalling the P3D Client will restore the default ones too.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DatJarDoh said:

Do you know what Ultimate Realism Pack is? If you have that installed, do you have the same issue as me?

To refresh your shaders go to: C:\Users\<YOU>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders 

Deleted them and they will be recreated it when you restart PD3.

Regards,
Simbol

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now