Hello.

I know this has been covered a bit but I'm trying to find out some specifics.

I'm looking at configuring 3-monitor system where FS9 will be the primary sim.  The video card is an Nvidia GTX1060.

What I'm wondering is if there is anything special that is needed here for configuring.  In other words, is the whole "spanning" thing still necessary or will this card take care of that on it's own?  And if so, do I still need to create a custom resolution in Windows for the sim to read it properly?  Is it still necessary to run in windowed mode or is full-screen an option now?  Will the left and right monitors show the front-left and front-right views automatically or does something special need to be done?  Or is the main view sufficient  when stretched out with the proper resolution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 11/15/2017 at 8:21 PM, Carob said:

What I'm wondering is if there is anything special that is needed here for configuring.  In other words, is the whole "spanning" thing still necessary or will this card take care of that on it's own?  And if so, do I still need to create a custom resolution in Windows for the sim to read it properly?  Is it still necessary to run in windowed mode or is full-screen an option now?  Will the left and right monitors show the front-left and front-right views automatically or does something special need to be done?  Or is the main view sufficient  when stretched out with the proper resolution?

I have triple monitor set. How you wanna use it it's up to you to decide. You can use window view or you can expand across all three but in that case you will have some bezel issues. I use surround mode configured via Nvidia control panel, you can also fix bezel issue as well. 

You will definitely get wider view and you will be able to see some portion of side windows. The problem is that you will get stretched views on your side monitors and you won't be able to get rid of it. I've tried several payware program to fix it but it did not work well. 

If you have Ezdok it will help you to create views and that will help you to navigate around which helps wile using surround.

Good luck  

The problem is there doesn't seem to be a way to undock the panel so the view goes across the screens and the panel is not stretched.