Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

Is a really sharp image possible for Prepar3d?

In Prepar3d, using the virtual cockpit view, the image is somewhat blurry. Reading the MFD and PFD is not easy at all. I've played around with the graphics settings with not much change at all. My system is:

i7-6700K

32MB ram

MSI GTX 1060 graphics card.

500GB SSD for OS and programs

1TB HDD for data and such

3TB HDD for more data and such and backups

Display is an ASUS 1920 X 1080 and everything other than P3D is nice and sharp. I don't have other sims or any games so, I have no "apples to apples" comparison to go by.

Had this as well in P3DV3 and I think it was a somewhat wrong setting.

Copy your config.cfg to somewhere (just in case) and delete it from the P3D folder and let p3D compile a new one when starting the sim. When you then have a sharp display start slowly adjusting the settings.

i think I got this when tweaking in the config manually back in the days when this was still a thing. When you did this as well then don't do it again, in P3D the days are over when tweaking the cfg could make thinks better.

Have FXAA turned off? If on, image will not be as sharp.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

Have FXAA turned off? If on, image will not be as sharp.

Vic

Yeah, I do have it on! Hmmm... I thought that was supposed to make things better. I'll turn it off and see what happens.

I haven't been modifying the config files at all... just using P3D's settings for the graphics... I guess that DOES alter the config through the program...

17 hours ago, Labbi85 said:

i think I got this when tweaking in the config manually back in the days when this was still a thing. 

Manual tweaking hasn't quite disappeared - still about four tweaks worth considering in v4 that you can't get to from in in-program settings (affinity mask, TextureMaxLoad, fibre frame time fraction and swap wait timeout). 

So it is still a thing! 😊

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."