Sign in to follow this  
cyyzrwy24

UNUSUAL QUESTION

Thanks Normand very much....I am tired as well tonight and will continue that operation tomorrow after work. Should be straight forward since cloning is not necessary. Someone might jump with other advice as well. Have a good night and thank you very much.

Cheers

Alex 

5 hours ago, simbol said:

Use partition magic it copies any partition plus offers other nice tricks.

Simbol 

Partition Magic? Thanks I will google it....I was trying to stay away from some software available, but if you have tried than ok.

I can't clone it obviously since there is no OS on it, I just need to copy whole content including LM folder. So hopefully does that.

Thanks Simbol

Alex 

Wish I had seen this thread sooner to jump in - as Simbol suggested, cloning your disk is the way to go and is infinitely easier than the other options. Partition Magic is excellent, as is Aomei Partition Assistant (your new SSD should also have a software download migration software...). Run the cloning, shut off the system, swap the drives and you're done.

Edit: you don't need an OS on the drive to clone.

26 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Wish I had seen this thread sooner to jump in - as Simbol suggested, cloning your disk is the way to go and is infinitely easier than the other options. Partition Magic is excellent, as is Aomei Partition Assistant (your new SSD should also have a software download migration software...). Run the cloning, shut off the system, swap the drives and you're done.

Edit: you don't need an OS on the drive to clone.

Thanks Dylan but unfortunately, Magician does not give you option to clone non OS HDD to non OS SSD. Only with OS. So reading thru the Forums I find that it is not good to just copy and move files. But as it turns, if you format new Drive, make copy to it from another drive, assign same letter as the old one would do the trick. I am at work now but will try Partition Assistant latter this afternoon.

But as far as I can see it has clone option, but if it allows me to do so than should be the same I assume. I am still searching thru this Forum but nothing similar was reported or that is so easy that nobody had a problem doing that.

If you have more information on that please share.....

Thanks

Alex 

33 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Thanks Dylan but unfortunately, Magician does not give you option to clone non OS HDD to non OS SSD. Only with OS. So reading thru the Forums I find that it is not good to just copy and move files. But as it turns, if you format new Drive, make copy to it from another drive, assign same letter as the old one would do the trick. I am at work now but will try Partition Assistant latter this afternoon.

But as far as I can see it has clone option, but if it allows me to do so than should be the same I assume. I am still searching thru this Forum but nothing similar was reported or that is so easy that nobody had a problem doing that.

If you have more information on that please share.....

Thanks

I have used partition magic to clone HDD and SSD for servers, also to repair problems with partitions for servers.

Simbol