Sign in to follow this  
boykon

Aerosoft CRJ700 F\O Not doing much

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sam, just purchased MCE after the Demo failed to work, It seemed like a software that I would need. Needed a virtual first officer to help in my payware cockpit. I purchased the Aerosoft CRJ software a couple of months ago and fly it a lot. I have installed the MCE, read the manuals, watched tons of YouTube videos, and most of the posts on this forums. My question is, does the MCE CRJ700 F\O read and do or just read the checklist. When I call for a checklist, he only reads it, I have to perform the required actions (eg Safety check , Originating check etc..) If I give a specific command from the list of crj commands (he repeats the command) nothing happens. There are a few commands he will take action on, like flaps or gear. 

I'm running Win10, FSX (Updated), and a fairly good PC purchased early this year to run FSX. Hope someone can help me. Thanks.

Hello there Sam.

I was one of the beta testers for the MCE and CRJ.

This is a highly integrated simulation. Almost every switch on the flight deck is implemented with MCE. It's an extremely detailed and complex integration.

With regards to check lists, ensure active state check is on in your checklists GUI. 

The flows and checklist should be in your MCE install.

Check the documents for the specific commands. You can work the MCDU and nav modes from the FO commands.

If you want to use the same checklists and commands you see in my videos, you can download the lot from Avsim library. Just search David Herky.:biggrin: My checklists are from "Dave" our electronic flight nag. So the FO will try to read them out as is. If he is struggling, then he will say "can't read checklist item" or he will spell it. I use Cereproc tts voices more these days. These will read everything in the checklists, even "fish and chips twice with gravy please":ohmy:

Best regards and welcome to the fold!

7 hours ago, boykon said:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Sam, just purchased MCE after the Demo failed to work, It seemed like a software that I would need. Needed a virtual first officer to help in my payware cockpit. I purchased the Aerosoft CRJ software a couple of months ago and fly it a lot. I have installed the MCE, read the manuals, watched tons of YouTube videos, and most of the posts on this forums. My question is, does the MCE CRJ700 F\O read and do or just read the checklist. When I call for a checklist, he only reads it, I have to perform the required actions (eg Safety check , Originating check etc..) If I give a specific command from the list of crj commands (he repeats the command) nothing happens. There are a few commands he will take action on, like flaps or gear. 

I'm running Win10, FSX (Updated), and a fairly good PC purchased early this year to run FSX. Hope someone can help me. Thanks.

It's fully supported now.

If you're on P3D V4, you might be one of those guys who got the 32 bit dlls in <MCE dlls> folder sitting inside \Prepar3D V4\

It can happen when user disguises P3D V4 as P3D V3 to accomodate other add-ons.

To make sure you've got the 64 bit dlls, delete the entire <MCE dlls> fiolder in P3D V4 installation folder.

Go back to downloaded unzipped file abd look under \Files\FSX\ folder

Copy the entire <MCE dlls x64> folder and paste it to \Prepar3D v4\ installation folder

Important: Rename <MCE dlls x64> to <MCE dlls>

Set "Prepar3D.exe" to run as admin

Please note, when Windows UAC is enabled, and we don't recommend disabling it, you must install MCE to dewfault C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder

This will guarantee smooth communication between the sim and "mce.exe" which runs as an external process for better stability of the sim. You don't want speech engine running inside the sim. It's not wise to do that.

Confirm up and running with Aerosoft CRJ.

If not, confirm Windows version, simulator used and MCE installation path.

Thanks

Hi Charlie 130, FS++ team,

Thanks for the response, Charlie I have watched your videos and downloaded your crj flows and checklist haven't installed them yet. 

Questions; 1, In your crj videos does your FO activate cockpit knobs \ switches or do you do them yourself?

2, What is active state check (checklist GUI) I can only see "No Item status check" box in the     checklist GUI.

3. Basically, does the crj MCE FO function like the one in Aerosoft A320 X which I have also?

Did another test run with the FSX CRJ700 and MCE FO after reading this response. FO reads checklist fine, does not activate switches from checklist.

Anti skid, and flaps, switch and lever he will move to "on"  when commanded. Hdg hold, Alt hold, Nav hold he will switch on also. Other switches, like Fuel boost pumps, external lights, Hyd pumps, Apu he will acknowledge the command and confirm requested action but nothing happens.

The MCE install is in the default directory C:\ , my FSX install is in a different drive. As far as I can determine all MCE files are in their proper folders. 

FS++ team, I don not have Prepar3D only FSX, but thanks for the information.

Sorry for the long explanation, I really want to understand what this program can do for me, and thanks.

22 hours ago, boykon said:

Hi Charlie 130, FS++ team,

Thanks for the response, Charlie I have watched your videos and downloaded your crj flows and checklist haven't installed them yet. 

Questions; 1, In your crj videos does your FO activate cockpit knobs \ switches or do you do them yourself?

2, What is active state check (checklist GUI) I can only see "No Item status check" box in the     checklist GUI.

3. Basically, does the crj MCE FO function like the one in Aerosoft A320 X which I have also?

Did another test run with the FSX CRJ700 and MCE FO after reading this response. FO reads checklist fine, does not activate switches from checklist.

Anti skid, and flaps, switch and lever he will move to "on"  when commanded. Hdg hold, Alt hold, Nav hold he will switch on also. Other switches, like Fuel boost pumps, external lights, Hyd pumps, Apu he will acknowledge the command and confirm requested action but nothing happens.

The MCE install is in the default directory C:\ , my FSX install is in a different drive. As far as I can determine all MCE files are in their proper folders. 

FS++ team, I don not have Prepar3D only FSX, but thanks for the information.

Sorry for the long explanation, I really want to understand what this program can do for me, and thanks.

Howdy.

1. First officer commands are all done by him/her. In a busy flight deck (the CRJ is classed as "busy"!) You find you work as a team! The first officer doing the flows and you knowing what's next, quite often you will action some items yourself. Working together a good FO and Captain almost have a sixth sense and with slight gestures you know what each other is doing. You get this with MCE! As the flows are executed you can be dialling up the altitude or speed. A multi crew flight deck emulates real world. It's what I fly the simulator for, especially in complex commercial airliners! 

2. Untick no item state check, FO will then  know what's state each switch is set. If you say it's on and it's not, you will get told and FO can correct the item That's why we do check lists after flows to catch what we've missed!:biggrin:

3. Not sure what exactly you mean, but if you mean is everything interfaced, I would say more is done in the CRJ. 

BTW I just fly and make videos in my retirement. I don't work for MCE, they are programmers!:cool:

Cheers!

Hi David,

A little busy the last couple of days, and my FSX has been CTD a couple of times. I have downloaded and installed your Aerosoft CRJ checklist and flows. Will give them a go tonight. Thanks so much for your informative replies\ explanations to my questions on my MCE FO issues, thanks also for your detailed videos, watched a lot of them and learned a lot more on how MCE works, much appreciated. I think the MCE product is great, thanks to FS++ team for producing it. I will get it to work fully on my system.

Cheers.

Sam.