Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

P3D V4.1 apphangB1

Windows 10 Pro 64 (Without fall creators build update). I’m receiving consistent apphangB1 CTDs...ONLY when flying to Orbx LOWI (Innsbruck). I consulted Orbx, did some testing, and discovered 2 important things: (1) Only happens while descending into Orbx LOWI while crossing into the Orbx scenery, and (2) This only happens in PMDG aircraft. Any ideas?

Have you done any exclusionary testing?

1) fly default (no addons)... Does it still happen?

2) Fly PMDG only, does it still happen?

3) Fly ORBX only, does it happen?

Find the culprit by eliminating other potentials.

57 minutes ago, elmucki said:

Have you done any exclusionary testing?

1) fly default (no addons)... Does it still happen?

2) Fly PMDG only, does it still happen?

3) Fly ORBX only, does it happen?

Find the culprit by eliminating other potentials.

Still running tests to narrow it down. What I came up with was I can fly the NGX in and out of any airport, including Orbx without an issue, except LOWI. The LOWI apphangB1 occurs about 40+ miles from the airport, during the descent near transition altitude. I’ve flown to Orbx LOWI about 40 times in the NGX, and this happened just after installing the Orbx Germany South. I contacted Orbx. Their customer service is horrible, dismissive, and unprofessional. I’m not ready to pin the blaim on a PMDG issue, but this has only happened in the NGX.

Check the settings in the LOWI control panel. I had this happen in KSAN when the option to choose wether South California is installed or not wasn‘t checked at all. LOWI has this option too for south germany. Maybe it‘s just not properly set.

Do you have SODE installed?   I'd been having exactly the same issues around London (even overflying!) and disabling SODE in the area's airports has fixed it for me. (may not be LOWI, may be if it's running at another airport in draw distance...)

with LOWI there was an issue where the sim would crash (it was a NDB or approach or something) but it was fixed in latest update.

obviously, if you can fly the ngx in other locations, its not the ngx...

On 12/4/2017 at 6:41 PM, Trevor Hannant said:

Do you have SODE installed?   I'd been having exactly the same issues around London (even overflying!) and disabling SODE in the area's airports has fixed it for me. (may not be LOWI, may be if it's running at another airport in draw distance...)

Interesting. I am having the exact same issue with the 3 Taxi2Gate sceneries for p3dv4, KSEA, EDDM and LFPG as OP is having with LOWI. Will deactivate SODE to retest. With mine it happens near the end of the scenery loading which would probably be when the jetways get loaded near the end. I wonder if it's the installer not working right? Seriously doubt this has anything to do with PMDG.

Eric 

8 hours ago, B777ER said:

Interesting. I am having the exact same issue with the 3 Taxi2Gate sceneries for p3dv4, KSEA, EDDM and LFPG as OP is having with LOWI. Will deactivate SODE to retest. With mine it happens near the end of the scenery loading which would probably be when the jetways get loaded near the end. I wonder if it's the installer not working right? Seriously doubt this has anything to do with PMDG.

it won't be to do with PMDG, you may just be seeing it in there as I had the issues with other aircraft also.