Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

ProATC stops responding when ready for takeoff

Had this a few times in a row now and I can't figure out what's wrong.

I start the flight as always, load the flight into ProATC and everything works as it's supposed to.
I obtain clearance, pushback permission, taxi to runway XXX and when close to the runway "Contact Tower xxxxx"
So far so good. But when my co-pilot (automatic setting within ProATC) has acknowledged the transfer to the tower frequency, the interaction with ProATC stops. The frequency is correct (as stated in the ProATC screen), but when I press '1' nothing happens. No contact is made with the tower.
Now then I say "screw it" and go into takeoff, ProATC starts telling me to abort takeoff, so apparently it is still active.

Anybody a clue on what's going in?

Note: I only recently migrated to P3Dv4.1. Before P3Dv4.1 ProATC worked flawlessly.

Note2: I will also post on the Pointsoft forum, but since Avsim is a more active forum, I'd though I'd also post here.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

For me the co-pilot (automatic setting within ProATC) does not acknowledge the transfer to the tower frequency.  When I get near the takeoff runway, ATC will tell me to change the frequency to the tower.  I do nothing.  The co-pilot does nothing.  When I get up to the runway (and not before I get up to the taxi holding point), I click 1 and I will see where I can ask ATC for takeoff clearance.  ATC will then tell me to hold or go onto the runway.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Sometimes, due to the AFD file, the software Pro-ATC/X simply does not know when you are close to the runway. In such a situation, you have the option to "force takeoff from current position" in the Pro-ATC/X menue...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS