Sign in to follow this  
mcphatty

Repainting issues with C185 Tundra

I have run into an issue when trying to create a new livery for the C185 Tundra, that the tires display as if they're chrome. Originally I thought that I was saving my files incorrectly, but I noticed that ANY livery I install, including the Carenado paint kit livery, results in chrome tires. Everything else on the model displays correctly. The only livery that has not caused me this issue was the default livery that came when installing the C185 Tundra.

Has anyone else ran into this issue and were able to resolve it?

Default livery:

QHNW3UI.jpg

Livery downloaded from Avsim:

yM7jPw9.jpg

Carenado repaint:

yw7yENe.jpg

My livery:

zuR2Xyg.jpg

I have the Carenado C185F Bush for FSX and none of my repaints are doing that.  I've done several and they all look just fine.  I even gave my tundra tires white "raised" lettering and no issues.  Are you sure the downloads you are getting are for the Tundra?  I believe the tires in the Tundra version bitmaps are in a different place that the normal-wheeled version of the Skywagon.  Compare the texture bitmaps for the Default Livery that displays correctly with the AVSIM and Repainted Texture bitmaps and see where the tundra tires are.  Also check to make sure they alphas of the Default livery match the alphas of the repaints in the tire areas.

By the way, the repaint "kit" is not really a "kit"  It's just a white skin.  Carenado doesn't "do" paint kits if I recall correctly.  A kind soul created a "kit-like" repaint that could be used and layered and made it available for download.

Randy

Unfortunately, I cannot compare to the default livery. Most of the bmp files are giving me an error in Photoshop- "Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered."

That goes for most of the liveries I've downloaded also. Maybe one or two files can be opened on my PC without error, however they load mostly (not tires) fine in Prepar3d. Could you post a screenshot of Care185fuse_A.bmp so I could at least compare?

I've always assumed this was because the craft is relatively old, and was a BMP vs. DDS issue. Perhaps I'm having an issue specific to my computer?

mcphatty, hopefully you've figured this out. It is most likely the way you are saving the .bmp file. Probably saving in your editing software. I use DXTbmp for final conversion and saving. I get the same issue if I just save the file through Photoshop.

Intel Core i9 10900K | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Mother Board | 64GB Team Group UD4-3200 DDR4 RAM | 1TB Samsung HD103SI SSD | 1TB Western Digital WDS100T3XHC-00SJG0 SSD | 6TB Seagate ST6000DM003-2CY186 HDD | 4TB Seagate ST4000DM004-2CV104 HDD | Logitech G933 Gaming Headset | Saitek X52 H.O.T.A.S. | Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedals | FSX-SE | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS2020