Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

Is P3D Anti Alias hopeless?

On 12/13/2017 at 7:50 AM, Anxu00 said:

Yesterday night, I finally got the MilViz Beaver up and running, and I don't know whether it's this bird, but some of the instruments look horrible with ragged edges.  My AA setting is FXAA: Off and MSAAx8, nothing else.  It's acceptable if DL was to be enabled for PMDG.  But boys, it's bad.  My GTX980 is OK, not great, but plunking down a 1000 bucks for GTX1080Ti with not really great results as reported by others is really not smart.  I know P3D has an inherent AA problem.  So the option is to bite it and bear, or do something else.  It's really is hopeless.

What's work for you?

My solution, 4k tv for monitor which helps with no AA. x8 MSAA and a 1080Ti pushing it to the 4k 50in tv.

Eric 

I've tested with a 970GTX (even using 3 1440p montiors) and it provided very good performance in V4.x ... if you are running 1080p single monitor then the 970GTX should have no problems with 4XSSAA (maybe even 8XSSAA) so long as you aren't running at night with DL enabled.

Not to have to think about OOM can be very liberating, allows you to focus on flight and not tweaking.  It also allows you do things you should NOT do in 32bit platform, and that is changing graphics settings on the fly ... in a 32bit platform this was a big risk (aka OOM), in V4.x it's no risk at all, experiment away to your hearts content or until you find the perfect FPS to visual compromise during your flight.

Cheers, Rob.