Billkhaled

No more addons in P3D after .cfg replacement

Recommended Posts

After I replaced my P3D.cfg with Matt Davies' High Density tweak and made some suitable changes (not many, only affinity mask and the graphics card) all of my addon tabs in the addons section of the drop down menu such as couatl and gsx and vpilot and FSUIPC have dissappeard. The only addon there is SODE. Do you guys have any idea how I can get this all back? Thanks a lot!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Do you have a backup? You could restore what you did.

If not you will need to reinstall your add-on's one by one.

S

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Do you have a backup? You could restore what you did.

If not you will need to reinstall your add-on's one by one.

S

only the addons in the menu right? and what about vpilot?

Share this post


Link to post

Yes,

Vpilot is a separate program from PD3, it should be ok, you lost that shortcut too?

Simbol 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, simbol said:

Yes,

Vpilot is a separate program from PD3, it should be ok, you lost that shortcut too?

Simbol 

 

yep but i am assuming it is because vpilot isn't open.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post

Try opening it, worse case reinstall it.

Simbol 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, simbol said:

Try opening it, worse case reinstall it.

Simbol 

cheers mate

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Billkhaled said:

Do you guys have any idea how I can get this all back? Thanks a lot!

The addon menu's are all loaded by the two dll.xml's (one is in the same folder as the p3d.cfg and the other is in the same folder as the scenery.cfg (new default).  Evidently one of the dll.xml's is working as you have SODE showing up.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

The addon menu's are all loaded by the two dll.xml's (one is in the same folder as the p3d.cfg and the other is in the same folder as the scenery.cfg (new default).  Evidently one of the dll.xml's is working as you have SODE showing up.

I have reinstalled GSX and FSUIPC so everything should be fine now. Thanks for you help simbol and especially you Jim with the CTD etc.

Bill

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now