jodle

Holding procedure on B350i

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Lukas,

Without 3rd party navigation equipment - I doubt it...

Regards,

Scott

5 hours ago, jodle said:

GTN750 works on B350i?

Hi Lukas,

Sorry - I don't have the 350 - I don't know... I have the C90GTX with Bert's mod placing the frameless GTN into a portion of the glass panel... I believe Carenado's navigation equipment - gps/glass/fmc - are all based off the default gps - so any limitations that has - such as unable to do a "direct to" - carry over into all their products... I'd never buy any Alabeo/Carenado models unless they support 3rd party navigation equipment or there is a community mod to incorporate same... If you just fly from A to B without variation - then their stuff is fine for the most part - anytime you introduce improved ATC or want to change up your route a bit - they leave much to be desired...

Regards,

Scott 

jodle, unless you add in the default GPS and "SUSP" at a waypoint (even then I'm not sure the 350i AP will track it), the FMS is extremely limited in the current form. I have both B350i and C90GTX.

You can do a direct to with the 350i - and it does use Navigraph as by default (i.e. without the pack) - I have just got it and never tried a hold however I find them very easy to fly manually so not a big deal.