GAJ52

AI Interaction Question

Hi Dave

I'm using P2A version 2.4.0.1 x64 and P3D v4.1

Inspired by your latest VFR Pattern video I thought I would try touch and go's at Bristol EGGD as it has a Tower Freq.  All communications works very well with no problems and P2A recognised every thing I said.  During taxi to Rwy 09 I asked to cross 09 from the GA parking via 'D' to Z then G.  I got clearance to cross Rwy 09 but with a 737 just feet away to my left on the runway.  Later during the touch and go on Rwy 09 I was given clearance to T&G with a AI aircraft on 5 miles final and a AI aircraft just landing, so on the runway.

I appreciate P2A has limited AI awareness but I was disappointed to be given runway crossing clearance with a AI feet away on the runway and the clearance for T&G with an aircraft just landing and another on 5 mile finals.  Better would have been to extend the downwind leg until both aircraft had enough lateral space to clear the runway.

What is the current state of P2A AI awareness, as its a bit of a dampener on an otherwise brilliant program.

Glen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What is the source of the AI Traffic?

Is the AI Traffic you are referring to visible on the P2A map?  If using X-Plane, only the traffic generated in X-Plane is currently visible.

If using an AI traffic engine with P3D or FSX, it may or may not make the traffic visible. 

Dave

I'm using the latest release version of Ultimate Traffic Live that came out a few days ago.

I didn't notice if the AI was visible on the P2A map, I'll check and report back.  As said in my initial post I'm using P3Dv4.1 not X-Plane.  Its been stated many times on the UTL forum, UTL only supplies the AI model but P3D controls the AI.

Glen

Older version of Ultimate Traffic do work with P2A.  Let us know if the traffic is visible.  Could be a bug in the P2A logic for runway crossing.

The logic to extend downwind is not there yet.  Still work to do there.

Thanks,

Dave