Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

exe.xml and dll.xml revisited

I know that this topic has been beaten to death, but I'd like to clarify it again. 

In the meantime I have DLL and EXE in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and DLL and EXE in C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder.

Would appreciate if someone confirm that it's correct

Both are correct. 3rd party developers use both locations and there's only modest logic to it. In fact, the folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

would work also, but to my knowledge, no developer uses it.

From www.stackoverflow.com:

ProgramData contains application data that is not user specific.This data which will be available to all users on the computer. Any global data should be put in here.

AppData folder contains configuration settings, downloaded information/files for a particular user. So, for example any user specific preferences and profile configurations can be stored in the AppData folder. The AppData folder is further divided into three subfolders
Roaming - This folder contains data that can move with your user profile from a computer to another.
Local - This folder contains data that will not move with your user profile.
LocalLow - You can put in lowlevel access information such as information related to web browser running in a protected mode in this folder.

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Both are correct. 3rd party developers use both locations and there's only modest logic to it. In fact, the folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

would work also, but to my knowledge, no developer uses it.

From www.stackoverflow.com:

thanks Jay