Sign in to follow this  
jphere

not sure if this is right place for question

Hi every one, new here and not sure if this is the right place. Setting up 2 pc's, question: do I install fsx, acceleration plus sdk updates on both server and client. or can someone direct me to a setup guide?

thanks in advance. jp

Way too vague, pal.  What are you trying to accomplish?  Why FSX over P3D or XPlane?  This is a VR forum, are you trying to setup VR?

Brian,

Given JPHere is submitting his first post and is probably justifiably confused, inhibited and lost, I feel your post is probably a weee bit abrupt.

I cannot help this gentleman but, would like to welcome him to the forum and wish him well.

You are quite correct in querying whether or not he is in the correct forum but I cannot see the logic (with respect) in querying his preferred platform. As far as I know all the platforms have very limited support for VR built in. Is that the reason for your query? 

As far as I am concerned, I am also interested in networking to try to configure P3Dv4 with 6  monitors and to try to achieve some frame rates above 10. 

If anyone can guide US to a network set up guide with configurig advice, I am sure we would both, and perhaps, others, be appreciative.

Regards 

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 hours ago, JPHere said:

Hi every one, new here and not sure if this is the right place. Setting up 2 pc's, question: do I install fsx, acceleration plus sdk updates on both server and client. or can someone direct me to a setup guide?

thanks in advance. jp

Hello Brian there is a FSX forum right on below this one and the P3d forum is just below that one. I'll bet you would have some luck if you browsed in there this forum is for virtual reality using Oculus or vive or one of the other headsets that are coming on. LOL

Good luck,

I really wasn't trying to be harsh or anything. I was trying to get more info so I or someone else could possibly help (hence the multiple follow-up questions that I feel were a legitimate path to finding out what the OP needed).  I apologize to the OP if he/she took my opening the wrong way

Well I guess I came into the wrong place, forgive me blaird22 or Brian what ever you go by. Thanks Tony and Don for the answer. I guess I'll keep searching for such a small question!!!!