Sign in to follow this  
andro_b

Invalid licence on reinstall

I reinstalled the GTN 750 into X-Plane 11.11 on a freshly built Windows 10 system, but into an existing X-Plane installation on a data disk. When I try to use it with the JRollon Jetstream J32 either it shows a blank unresponsive screen, or if it does come up it states 'Invalid License - Contact Vendor'.

I guess I am contacting the vendor by this post. What is going on? Worked very nicely until the complete reinstall.

Hi, just make sure to review this information:

How do I reinstall the software
http://reality-xp.com/store/faq.html

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi @RXP. Have read the reinstallation carefully and followed it about three times with no success. I have reactivated the license, no good. How do I raise a ticket for this or get further support?

Do you confirm you have launched the e-commerce installer (red icon), selected 'reinstall', then browsed to the .key file, then entered your key password when prompted?

Can you let me know what files are in "C:\RealityXP" ?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I can confirm all steps followed faithfully.

C:\RealityXPRXP-GTN750-X9.lic
rxpGTN-XPL-Setup.exe

Could this be related to the fact that I had to erase and completely reinstall Windows 10 fresh on my system, effectively making it a different computer? Do you track machine ID's? The reinstall is why I have to reinstall the GTN 750.

Yes the license is machine-bound, hence you need to re-authenticate using the e-commerce installer.

I see. So that explains it. I have followed all the instructions, but I did not see any way to reauthenticate for a new machine, except for some license transfer tool for installing on machines not connected to the internet. Can you guide me?

At least this explains the mystery. Thanks!

[I reinstalled 4 times today with the order retrieval process and so on, so I must be short of some step.]

On December 31, 2017 at 11:29 AM, RXP said:

Do you confirm you have launched the e-commerce installer (red icon), select 'reinstall', then browsed to the .key file, then entered your key password when prompted?

17 hours ago, andro_b said:

I can confirm all steps followed faithfully.

7 hours ago, andro_b said:

I see. So that explains it. I have followed all the instructions, but I did not see any way to reauthenticate for a new machine, except for some license transfer tool for installing on machines not connected to the internet. Can you guide me?

Hi, I'm not sure how the best I can guide you: following the steps, which you reported having followed, is the way to re-authenticate. Either you've followed them, or not?!

So, are you trying to reinstall to a non-connected computer, or to a connected computer?

Connected. I opened a ticket and the guidance offered there was helpful, but not successful

It's unclear to me why this product wont install on a fresh copy of Windows 10. I am afraid at this stage I will have to apply for a refund and forgo the use of this really great and wonderful GPS. Such a pity.

42 minutes ago, andro_b said:

I opened a ticket and the guidance offered there was helpful, but not successful

Would you mind to share what guidance was offered?

The support staff reset my F1 password, and advised to redownload the installer, and choose reinstall. The reinstall works fine, but the GTN 750 comes up with the Jetstream J32 with 'Invalid License', yet again.

I dont get it, because this is effectively just a new Window 10 machine, having been erased and reinstalled due to a nasty Microsoft Windows 10 issue, so it should be clean and pristine. the X-Plane 11 install is also fresh and clean. No registry keys have been touched. As a software developer myself, I find it rather curious. On what basis is the RXP software saying the license is invalid? What is is actually looking, apart from the keyfile?

i'd like to solve this very much, as it is making me hesitate to get the FSX version as the same problem may arise, and it would be so nice to have it running in X-Plane again - just when I was getting used to using it! Is there something in the keyfile that is associated with my machine that needs updating for the new instance of Windows 10 (I asked this before, but its not clear what the answer to that is).

It might be your system is preventing accessing the "C:\RealityXP\" folder?

You might want to try to copy your "C:\RealityXP\rxp*.lic" to "documents\Reality XP" (NB: with a space between 'Reality' and 'XP')

For example:

source: "C:\RealityXP\RXP-GTN750-X9.lic"
copy: "C:\Users\[name]\Documents\Reality XP\RXP-GTN750-X9.lic"

NB: you've initially mentioned "C:\RealityXPRXP-GTN750-X9.lic" instead of "C:\RealityXP\RXP-GTN750-X9.lic". Is this a typo in your message?

This is getting long, I 'm sorry.

A complete refresh of X-Plane from total erasure - same thing, Invalid License. I tried showing the GTN 750 in the Cessna 172SP - same thing. This proves it is not related to the Jetstream J32, which directly supports the GTN 750. The issue lies with RXP.

How are we going to solve this? Google leads to a few similar situations, but no practical solution.

There are log files from the RXP plugin and DLL, but they amount to nothing, two or three lines. Can the logging level be increased? It would be helpful to have visibility into what you code is doing at least at a logging level.

In case it is of use:

Windows 10 Home

Version 1709

OS Build 16299.125

It appears to be insoluble despite the best efforts of all. I have applied for a refund. To that extent, case closed, but not solved.