For many people using P3D V3.xx and V4.xx, the thought of looking at oversized and downright hideous nav, beacon and strobe lights most certainly detracts from the whole flight sim experience, immersed in an unrealistic world;  huge strobe lights that look like globes, and have a greyish halo, nav lights that are disproportionate to the rest of the aircraft....I think you get the picture.

Enter FS Reborn, simple but efficient.  This programme corrects the imbalance between distance and size of the exterior lights, providing the user with the experience that is sadly lacking with the default P3D offerings.

Now, some people have said that these lights may appear to small, to difficult to see but, ask yourself, how easy is it to stop these lights in real life, especially in daylight hours?  Next time you visit an airport, have take a look and see just how FS Reborn is managing to mimic the real life lighting.

In the attached picture you can see a Loganair Twin Otter during early dawn, taxying towards the gate at EGPF.  You will see the red and green nav lights on the wingtips, perfectly sized and with just the right amount of visibility, just as in real life.

Still in doubt?  On a clear night, have a look skywards at aircraft flying overhead in the cruise and see just how difficult it is to see the nav lights, bearing in mind that these aircraft are, on average, flying at 35,000 to 37,000 feet - that´s almost 7 miles high.  Is your eyesight that good?  :-)

Lockheed Martin have skewed the perception of how these lights are depicted, FSReborn is taking back control!

https://imgur.com/a/mKbO8

• Upvote 3

Complete and utter insurrection

Ok, so the first link shows the default lights from Prepar3D V4.1 on the FAIB British Airways A320 as it departs EGPF for EGLL.  Also, in the distance you can see an EasyJet A320 on approach.

VwzqQM4.jpg

qnCsl4O.jpg

Zlo3WKd.jpg

Source: https://imgur.com/a/nsCCK

The second link shows the difference when the default lights are replaced with FSReborn.

T3c9jP6.jpg

gowVEXS.jpg

symq3Ab.jpg

Source: https://imgur.com/a/iVz75

I think the images speak for themselves.

Edited by simbol
Embedded Images directly inside the topic for easy visualisation
  • Upvote 1

Complete and utter insurrection

I don't know.
If you go and watch planes land at night, depending on weather conditions they can look HUGE.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

39 minutes ago, PaulGR said:

I don't know.
If you go and watch planes land at night, depending on weather conditions they can look HUGE.

Do you mean Landing Lights? if you do that is correct and this is actually another issue with P3D default landing and taxi lights as they are horrible and don't change with weather conditions either as you are describing, I have plans to address the situation with the default Landing and Taxi lights with FSReborn AI Lights Profesional Edition.

However the Red and Green navigation lights (which is what this topic is about it) are even harder to see under rain, snow, fog and many other weather conditions.

Best Regards,
Simbol

20 minutes ago, simbol said:

Do you mean Landing Lights? if you do that is correct and this is actually another issue with P3D default landing and taxi lights as they are horrible and don't change with weather conditions either as you are describing, I have plans to address the situation with the default Landing and Taxi lights with FSReborn AI Lights Profesional Edition.

However the Red and Green navigation lights (which is what this topic is about it) are even harder to see under rain, snow, fog and many other weather conditions.

Best Regards,
Simbol

To be honest I have no idea how P3D works. I'm researching it to make the jump even though I'm quite happy with how FSX works for me.
But I misread the post and now I understand what's the issue.

• Upvote 1

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png