Sign in to follow this  
ridgeskimmer

VFR Flight

Hi, just came across your program and it looks very interesting.

I was wondering if the program would be of use to me and in what way in the following typical GA situation in the UK

I want to start at a private airstrip without an icao code and without a manned ATC unit but it's own RTC frequency. I then want to take off VFR and fly to another similar airfield that takes me through or around some military or civil airspace.

So my question is can Pilot2ATC give me appropriate radio chat and atc responses to this situation?

Many thanks for any help or suggestions here

Regards

Mike

While I remember typing an answer to this, it obviously isn't here....must be user error on my part.

P2A supports VFR flights with and without flight following.  Of course, without flight following, there would be no interaction with ATC except at towered airports.

P2A does not have airspace boundaries and so does not truly support clearances through various airspace types.  That is on the longer term roadmap.

At uncontrolled airports, you can make the standard pattern location calls to CTAF, but since there are no other pilots on the radio with you, you'll just be able to practice making the calls yourself.

The thing to do is to load up the 10 day trial and see if you get what you want out of it. 

Dave