Sign in to follow this  
Luis_KMIA

Partial visual model as a result of P3Dv4.1?

Hi all,

The default F22, GSX vehicles, and apparently only my 747 freighters appear partially drawn.  From what I've read, this appears to be related to when P3Dv4 became 4.1.  My PMDG 747 pax, 737, and 777 are all fine.

Is there more to this issue?  Is it fixed?  Or is it just a matter of waiting for the next P3Dv4.x update?

Thanks!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

1 hour ago, Luis_KMIA said:

Is there more to this issue?  Is it fixed?  Or is it just a matter of waiting for the next P3Dv4.x update?

Sounds like you might not have followed the P3D update instructions to the letter. Do note that LM requires you to delete your shader cache. The entire process is posted and discussed on their forum.

Kyle Rodgers

3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Sounds like you might not have followed the P3D update instructions to the letter. Do note that LM requires you to delete your shader cache. The entire process is posted and discussed on their forum.

Thanks.  I will give that a try when I get home.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Still not working.  I do recall uninstalling only the 4.0 client and installing the 4.1 client and then deleting shaders.  It looks like the bug is randomly affecting textures.  I installed an additional PMDG 747F livery as an experiment after clearing the shaders, and it still shows the skeleton.  Might just have to wait to see when LM addresses this in a future update.

LUIS LINARES

7 hours ago, Luis_KMIA said:

Still not working.  I do recall uninstalling only the 4.0 client and installing the 4.1 client and then deleting shaders.  It looks like the bug is randomly affecting textures.  I installed an additional PMDG 747F livery as an experiment after clearing the shaders, and it still shows the skeleton.  Might just have to wait to see when LM addresses this in a future update.

You using any programs that mess with your shaders, and/or lighting effects? What graphics drivers?

The solution is rarely "let's wait for the dev to solve this," honestly. It's usually something on your own computer.

Kyle Rodgers

9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

You using any programs that mess with your shaders, and/or lighting effects? What graphics drivers?

The solution is rarely "let's wait for the dev to solve this," honestly. It's usually something on your own computer.

I usually have the latest NVDIA drivers and my computer has no extra programs.  It's really dedicated to the simulator.  The reason I mentioned waiting for a P3D update was that this topic came up on FSDT's GSX forum.  The GSX ground vehicles either appear black or partial, and they believe it started after P3Dv4.1 was released.

LUIS LINARES

5 hours ago, Luis_KMIA said:

The GSX ground vehicles either appear black or partial, and they believe it started after P3Dv4.1 was released.

Yeah. Sounds more like a bad install, honestly. That or the latest drivers aren't good. I don't use the latest ones, usually. One or two behind is usually fine.

Kyle Rodgers

30 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yeah. Sounds more like a bad install, honestly. That or the latest drivers aren't good. I don't use the latest ones, usually. One or two behind is usually fine.

Thanks for the tips.  I'll look into reinstalling the client and the 747.

LUIS LINARES

Same here after installing REX Sky Force 3D yesterday! Everything looks ok except the PMDG 747 Freighters.

On 1/12/2018 at 7:36 PM, emm said:

Same here after installing REX Sky Force 3D yesterday! Everything looks ok except the PMDG 747 Freighters.

So it's not just me.  My partial textures are only limited to GSX vehicles and the PMDG 747 freighters.  Reinstalling GSX and the PMDG 747 did not fix anything.  I might just wait for the next P3D client update.

LUIS LINARES

Updated yesterday to P3D v4.2 and to the latest version of the PMDG 747.

My skeleton B747-400 freighter versions problem is GONE!!! Everything ok so far :gaul:

Cheers

Bruno

Edited by emm