Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Misc Xplane11 screenshots over Photoreal Scenery

I see Soda Lake out near Baker...there is a volcanic field near by...love the big Beechcraft!

HLJAMES

2 hours ago, HLJames said:

I see Soda Lake out near Baker...there is a volcanic field near by...love the big Beechcraft!

HLJAMES

The Baron in Xplane11 is a joy to fly, good for those moderate trips like my flight shown from Vegas to Southern California's inland empire.  One can spot Victorville in one of my screenshots, I spent time with a client (the Holiday Inn that was in Victorville in '94).  That was a beta site for my company at the time, Cyntergy and I led the beta team there, myself and a former army officer who became a systems instructor like I was at the time.  I flew every week, and later that year I was promoted to the International team after I tried to give notice.  By staying with my employer I met my wife to be while working a six week stint in Mexico, in the Unesco World Heritage site of Zacatecas, a very wealthy and beautiful old city rivaling those I've seen in Europe, full of cobblestone streets, 300 year old buildings and with a cosmopolitan vibe as well.  My wife to be worked for Mexicana airlines in downtown Zacatecas.  I was supposed to go to the international airport in Zacatecas to get my tickets changed after my client in Zacatecas invited me to stay.  Otherwise I would have had to fly home to San Francisco and fly back to Mexico two days later.  I remembered Mexicana's office in downtown Zacatecas in the shadow of its cathedral.  Glad I had such a great memory, meeting my wife allowed me to have a wonderful daughter.  My daughter is eighteen now and well traveled, having flown to Zacatecas, Orlando, John Wayne Santa Ana, and Providence Rhode island where she visited Boston, Yale and New York city.  She's completed about twenty commercial flights, as an instructor and later Wan Admin and developer, as well as tourist I've completed about two hundred commercial flights, give or take.

John

Pictures of Zacatecas courtesy Google Image search.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1440&bih=734&ei=LkBZWpH1FMLWjwPehbH4DA&q=Zacatecas+Mexico&oq=Zacatecas+Mexico&gs_l=img.3..0l10.1265.6119.0.7000.17.13.0.4.4.0.100.1015.11j1.12.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..1.16.1025.0...0.Xzg9-K-m2fM

You can fly over it in Google Earth